HS100 switches reversed with Google Assistant

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-08 13:30:30
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!

I've got 4 x HS100 smart plugs which I set-up perfectly a couple of weeks ago. They are labelled Lamp One, Lamp Two, Lamp Three and Lamp Four. Each of them can be switched on/off individually or via a new Living Room Group which I created within the Kasa app.

I then linked TP-Link Kasa to my Google Home Mini in the Living Room and they all operated perfectly, either by individual voice commands or the group "Turn off light" command etc.

Then yesterday it all started to go wrong!

For some reason the Kasa App renamed the Lamps and I ended up with a duplicate Lamp Two without any intervention from me! It appeared that Lamp Four was renamed to Lamp Two on its own. I then manually switched the duplicate Lamp Two back to being the real "Lamp Four" by changing the label within the Kasa app. However, I've also noticed that Google Assistant has reversed Lamp Two and Lamp Four, such that when I say "Turn on Lamp Two" it turns on Lamp Two and vice-versa.

After spending a bit of time trying to fault find this I decided to start again from scratch. I unlinked Google from TP-Link. I then removed all four HS100s from the Kasa app and then performed a full reset on each switch. I then went around the loop of adding each switch back into the Kasa app with the correct names and created a new living room group. All switches are turning on/off correctly when using the app. The next step was to re-link Google Home to TP-Link. However, after doing all of this Lamp Two and Lamp Four are still reversed!!

This reversal exists whether using the soft switch within the Google Home app or via voice command. Oddly the properties settings within Google Assistant are displaying the correct names from the link back to TP-Link. I have tried the Google "sync devices" command but that hasn't fixed it either.

At a bit of a loss to be honest. It would seem that the reversal is happening somewhere on the Google side as everything is correctly working from within the Kasa app.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Tim

Options
2 Reply
Re:HS100 switches reversed with Google Assistant
2019-12-09 08:58:04

@TimJW This has fixed itself overnight without any intervention from me at all! Very bizarre....

Options
Re:HS100 switches reversed with Google Assistant
2019-12-10 09:36:30

@TimJW 

Thanks for your updates, glad to know that it works well now. 

You can take more time to test its performance. 

Any further problem, be free to let me know. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1780

Replies: 2

Related Articles