Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Wifi Router randomly rebooting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
140 Reply
Re:Wifi Router randomly rebooting
2020-11-24 01:29:54

@mattyk151 

Hi, you may find the NAT boost option on the Advanced->Syetem Tools->System Parameters as below:

Options
2020-12-27 10:35:12 - last edited 2020-12-27 10:44:15

Hello guys,

I have this router and firmware: 

Firmware: 2.0.2 Build 20180118 rel.38979 (EU)

Hardware: Archer C1200 v2.0

It had problems with auto restart from the begining, about a year and 9 months ago.

I tried everything, and @Kevin_Z  is right, the ONLY thing that works is to deactivate Nat Boost.

But this comes with a cost, the speed is limited (I have 300 mbps, but with nat boost deactivated is 100 mbps).

I contacted someone from TP-Link, they gave me a beta version of the firmware, but the problem manifested as usual.

You have to admit, it's almost 3 years since the last firmware update and V2 seems abandoned, now there's hardware V3 for this model on the market.

Even the ONT from the ISP is very stable, I have 300 mbps, but there's only one Lan port, and that's why a bought a router (bad choice).

I lost hope that something will be changed about this, I will probably spend some money on a router from another company.

Options
2020-12-28 03:12:50

@dumy86 

Have you tried the beta firmware I posted on the community?

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/156295

Options
2021-01-12 00:15:05

@Kevin_Z I have the same issue with Archer A6 there is any incoming fix?

Kevin_Z wrote

@jt52474   @Mr-C   @AlfredoGacor   @UserGBB 

Hello all, sorry for any inconvenience caused for the reboot issue you encountered with the Archer C1200 router.

Our developers have provided a beta firmware for it, please download and install it to give it a go:

Archer C1200(EU)_V1: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(EU)_V1_180308(Beta).zip

Archer C1200(EU)_V2: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(EU)_V2_180308(Beta).zip

Archer C1200(US)_V1: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(US)_V1_180308(Beta).zip

Archer C1200(US)_V2: https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202001/20200103/Archer C1200(US)_V2_180307(Beta).zip

Below is the guidance to install it manually on your router (Method 2):

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2139/

Note: This beta firmware is mainly built for the auto-reboot issue on the Archer C1200 router, if yours is not the auto-reboot issue, DON'T upgrade to this firmware. Meanwhile, please verify the hardware version and region version first before the upgrade, a wrong firmware upload may brick your device and void the warranty, thanks a lot~

Options
2021-01-13 07:24:40

@oscarmb6 

Hello, do you mean your Archer A6 is auto-rebooting? Please confirm the below, then we will try to locate the issue ASAP:
1. When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take?
2. May I have your network layout, how is the A6 connected to your network? Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again.
3. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the A6 WAN or PPPoE?
4. How many devices are connected to A6, wired, and wirelessly? What are they? Is there any new device connected to the A6 network recently when the A6 begins to reboot? Or did you upgrade any system in the network before this issue happen?
5. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the A6 to restart, such as high loading or real-time calls?
6. Is it the original power adapter on the A6? Is the power stable in your house? Try to plug the power adapter into another wall socket. BTW, how about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable?
7. When did you purchase the A6, does this issue happen recently? Try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again.

Options
2021-01-13 15:56:44
1. When the router restarts, are all the LEDs turn off then on automatically and the internet on it will temporarily down then recover? How long does this process take? Yes that's the process and takes between 2 to 3 minutes. 2. May I have your network layout, how is the A6 connected to your network? Are there any other range extenders or switch in the network? If yes, try to remove it first and confirm again. I have the router directly connect to the ISP modem and i do have extender RE300 3. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? Is it a Dynamic IP setup on the A6 WAN or PPPoE? Is a Arris moden and use dynamic setup 4. How many devices are connected to A6, wired, and wirelessly? What are they? Is there any new device connected to the A6 network recently when the A6 begins to reboot? Or did you upgrade any system in the network before this issue happen? Wired there is not device all are wireless and 2 iphones, 2 laptops. 5. Is there any other setting or feature in your network that may cause this restart issue, or is there any special operation/activity in your network that causes the A6 to restart, such as high loading or real-time calls? I have not spot any high load to be point on that direction. I just can tell i see to many DHCP traffic even when the lease is for 48 hours. 6. Is it the original power adapter on the A6? Is the power stable in your house? Try to plug the power adapter into another wall socket. BTW, how about other electrical devices in your house, are they stable? I did that already also change the adapter from other TP link router i had and still the same. 7. When did you purchase the A6, does this issue happen recently? Try to reset the router to factory defaults and reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again. I have not try hard reset yet but before i was using firmware 1.1.3 and everything was smooth after i upgrade to 1.1.7 the issue started.
Options
2021-01-14 02:57:33

@oscarmb6 

Hello, thanks for the details.

Can you please power off the RE300 for a while, then monitor the A6 performance again?

As suggested previously, try to reset the A6 to factory defaults, reconfigure it from scratch to monitor again.

BTW, how often does this auto-reboot issue happen?

Options
2021-01-18 19:16:17
@Kevin_Z i got said after the factory reset the issue still there. I have removed the RE300 form the equation and the symptoms improved more stable connection. I found a 1.0.7 version firmware on the forum for RE300 and the issue still the same. Any suggestion?
Options
2021-01-21 02:41:16

@oscarmb6 

Hi, sorry for the late response. Do you mean the A6 connection is stable, and it won't restart if the RE300 is disconnected from the network?

Did you enable the Onemesh connection between the A6 and RE300? What if you turn it off, and leave them connected just via the wireless without Onemesh? Will they be stable?

Just to confirm again, what is the current firmware of the RE300? Can we have a screenshot?

Options
2021-01-21 17:06:08

@Kevin_Z I got say i test without onemesh and improved but not enough.

When it works better is when the communication between the extender and the router is only on 2.4G but the downside is i dont get all the badnwidth from ISP on 2.4G

Here is the screenshot:

Options
Related Articles