Parental controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Parental controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Parental controls
Parental controls
2019-12-12 20:17:30
Model: Archer VR900  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 0.2.0 0.9.1 v0069.0 Build 170303 Rel.59897n

I'm trying to setup parental controls to prevent access for a list of devices between certain times. The parental schedule (using a whitelist) correctly blocks web browsing but fails to work if the device is already connected to Youtube when the scheduled time starts. It appears as though the schedule only takes affect when a new Youtube video is started which could be a long time after the schedule was supposed to block access. Is this a known limitation of the VR900?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Parental controls
2019-12-17 09:29:28

@LuckyEgg 

Hello, it is not a bug; instead, it is normal, it is caused by the video cache/cookies. Per you said, the parental control will take effect when a new Youtube video is started. It can be said that, the running video has been downloaded locally via the browser cookies, for these data, there is no way to limit it via the router. It is stored on the device itself, has nothing to do with router anymore. 

You can verify whether you can disable the browser cookies function. 

Wish I make myself clear.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 548

Replies: 1

Related Articles