Green light and correct setup yet no wifi signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-14 23:18:14
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Current up to date

I have 3 decos. 2 work perfectly.

The 3rd can be set up using bluetooth only. It is not detected when using wifi setup. However once set up the light is green and customer service says it's in perfect working order. However it is not. Despite the green light and the fact that it appears on the app as a connected deco, it does not transmit wifi. When scanning devices to find a wifi signal there is none in its range. Also customer support insisted that the problem is due to the fact that this deco is too far from the main deco. This cannot be the case - I've tested it myself by swapping decos...and it works...meaning that this particular deco is faulty. However I gave it to the service centre and they sent it back saying it's in perfect working order

Options
5 Reply
Re:Green light and correct setup yet no wifi signal
2019-12-16 07:59:49

@Erica1 

Try to turn off the other two Decos which work properly; After that, please verify whether you can detect any TP-Link Deco wifi networks with your device when the 3rd Deco powered on. 

Besides, you can connect your computer to it by wired cable and verify whether you can get internet; and you can click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

Considering service center said it works well, you can hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 1s and reconfigure it.

May it help. 

Options
2020-06-13 12:00:19

@Erica1 I am having a very similar issue with a brand new Deco M5. Any luck with your issue?

My Deco is updated to the latest firmware (1.4.4). Funny thing is, it worked fine for a few hours, now the Wifi signal is very weak and barely (if ever) manages to connect even when my phone is right next to the unit. If I move a few steps away the network is not even visible. Also, when I run the internet test from within the Deco, it returns normal results. So only the wireless network itself isn't working.

Also tried moving the Deco far from other devices to reduce interference, but no luck. Think I'm gonna have to return it and get a different router :(

Options
2021-09-21 16:19:49

Hi, I am also encountering this with one of my deco m5 units. can only be setup via Bluetooth, when setup as main router - the wifi network is not detected. shows green light and connected via the deco app.

Hope someone has found a solution. Thanks!

Options
2021-09-22 05:47:36

@unoh07 

Hi, could you please send me a private message about the MAC address of this problematic M5?

If we perform a factory reset and wait for its light to be blinking blue, are you able to see the default SSID of this unit?

And May I know how long have you had this unit?

Options
2021-09-24 01:23:08

@unoh07 

Hi, thanks for the update.

I did not get the first message.

And we could not find which firmware that you have used before.

But since the other Deco now is also 1.5.3, the firmware should not be the problem.

If possible, you could try to run a firmware recovery of the Deco m5 and upload the 1.5.0 firmware:

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201120/Deco_M5_V1_V2_V3_20201022.zip

How to run the firmware recovery:

Thank you and please let me know whether it is working or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4030

Replies: 5