Re 305 have only manual connection option

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-15 01:54:31
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Dear Reader!

I bought an R305 range extender couple of days ago to cover my dead spots (not completley dead just very weak signal) areas.

I was succesfully connected it to my router, and now i have a main router ssid, one 2,4ghz extender and one 5ghz extender ssid. 

My first problem that i always have to connect manually when im at the dead spot. So my devices does not connect automaticcaly and that is preaty fustrating, slow, time consuming and pointless.

What settings should i use to avoid manual connection switch?

I tried to hide some of the range extenders ssid (from the web gui i gues) but than they are not functioning at all.  (Hide ssid is the same as switching off some band?)

thanks for any help!

Ben

Options
3 Reply
Re:Re 305 have only manual connection option
2019-12-17 06:23:11

@photoben 

Hello, first, you can setup the same network for the RE305 and main router; while to acheive seamless roaming, the clients need support this feature. 

Second, you can hide the SSID of the extender on the web UI, it is not the same as switching off some band, instead, the wifi still works but become invisible. You need connect to it manually. 

Good day. 

Options
2019-12-17 15:23:07

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks!

Yes i tried to setup same network ssid, but than the manual switching option was unavailable too. And of course our phones and laptops did not change the network by themselfs. So it was useless function to have.

I tried to hide the ssid but when i hide it >> i clicked "hide ssid" than the save button at the user interface, and after that there was an error screen saying >> ~ network unavailable... and the only option was reset the extender. Im not completley understand why there is an option to hide ssid in the re305 , when the re305 device did not find this network after you hide it.

So i took back the product to the store i ask my money back. 

i find this very wierd in 2019, products advertised as plug and play, range extender... and it is not range extender, it creates another network, what most of the mobile devices cant handle to switch automatically.

(and the RE305 was completley unsuccesfull to connect the 5ghz network)

thanks anyway!

Options
2019-12-18 01:27:56

@photoben 

Thanks for your reply. When the extender uses the same network name as the main router, the manual switching option will disappear, it is normal. Cause they are the same name now. Cannot be distinguished by the SSID easily anymore. 

For range extender, unlike the router or some other device, it does not have DHCP server, no gateway function, it is used to connect to the existing network to boost wifi signal. As a network device, it supports wifi function by default, and we can connect to the wifi to configure it. That is why it is called range extender. 

While cause you return it back to store, we may not able to do further troubleshooting regarding to the hide SSID issue; and we hope we have the opportunity to work with you in the near future. 

And if you need any further help, be free to let us know. 

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 669

Replies: 3