Tapo P100 not power on when plug in

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-15 15:57:54 - last edited 2019-12-17 01:40:40
Model: KP100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Can't find the Tapo P100 in the model listing here, hence using the "nearest" of KP100... Anyway I just bought a new TP-Link Tapo P100 SmartPlug and after successful configuration, I realise the unit does not become enable/powerup after plugging in and booting up, i.e. the devices it is connecting to (e.g. fan or TV) will not be powered up, I have to either use the TAPO App to enable it manually or setting a schedule.  This is not what I am looking for, am I missing something and if anyone can help?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Tapo P100 not power on when plug in
2019-12-20 12:17:26

@MikeSee 

Hello, to power up the appliance plugged into the Tapo P100, the smart plug itself need to be powered first. 

There is a power button on the side panel, please ensure that it is turned on when you plugged a device into it. 

Besides, for the TV or fan, usually there will be another switch need to be turned on on themselves even though they have wired to the electricity. You can change another device, like a lamp to verify whether it works properly. 

May it help. 

Options
2019-12-21 05:02:12

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for the reply but this is not I wanted or meant.  For the older TP-Link HS100 or HS110 (which I have a total of 5 of them), the HS1x0 powers up the appliance it is connected to once it is attached to the power socket on the wall, so in instances where there is a power failure of the house and once it is recovered, the appliances automatically powered up again without me needed to remotely using KASA to tell the HS1x0 to power it up.  This does not seem to be the same for this newer TAPO P100, the applicance does not recovered from a power loss.

Options
2020-10-17 01:52:53 - last edited 2020-10-17 01:58:24

@MikeSee I can confirm this that the Tapo plugs will need to be manually turned on after a power failure. Disappointed upon learning this myself after buying and using the Tapo P100 and P105. I guess I might have to try those Kasa plugs. I wish there is a way to interconnect the two smart plugs product models (Tapo & Kasa) in one single app and seamlessly be able to control them within. That way, maybe an upgraded Smart Actions feature (similar to what's in the Tapo App but with IFTTT-level of control) of a particular Kasa plug that has recovered from a power failure can be used to automatically turn on those low grade Tapo smart plugs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4056

Replies: 3

Related Articles