Tapo Camera C200 - to save the High Quality as default quality image value

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-19 16:28:05 - last edited 2020-11-18 02:32:47

Hi All,

I have a question about the Tapo Camera C200.

Is it possible to set the default quality image to "High Quality"? Because every time that I set the quality image value to High the system reset the value to low when I close and reopen the iPhone App.

Thank you. Regards.

Mariano

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tapo Camera C200 - to save the High Quality as default quality image value-Solution
2020-11-18 02:32:26 - last edited 2020-11-18 02:32:47

@Echai 

Good day,

Thanks for your time and patience.

There are more information for your reference.

For HQ and LQ issues, to ensure a smooth real-time view in a low bandwidth environment when viewing the camera remotely, we set the video resolution to LQ (360P) by default.

If you do have high bandwidth, you can manually switch to HQ (1080P) on the "Live Display" page.

If you view the camera locally, that is, your surveillance phone and the camera is connected to the same Wi-Fi, it will always be HQ after selection.

For remote live view, as long as you do not terminate the application, it will be the same as the option you exited last time (terminate the application and open it again, it will become LQ).

If you need to keep the HQ live view at all times, please lock the app to run in the background.

Thanks a lot.

Recommended Solution
Options
20 Reply
Re:Tapo Camera C200 - to save the High Quality as default quality image value
2019-12-20 11:57:24

@iMarians 

Hello Mariano, theoretically, the quality image level won't change once you fix it with the camera get stable/good signal from the main router. 

You can go to settings page to check the signal strength. Or you can move it closer to the main router and test its performance. 

May it help. 

Options
2020-02-17 12:19:12

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin_Z, I was experiencing the same problem as Mariano and after lots of trial end error I have found that as long as the phone with the Tapo app is connected to the same wifi-net as the camera(s), everything is working just fine.

However, when the phone with Tapo app IS NOT connected to the same wifi-net but connect to the camera(s) from the internet, then the app always says "LQ" for the camera(S).

Maybe this is just a presentation issue in the Tapo app that doesn't affect actual resolution, but it would look so much better if this was working as it should.

I would highly appreciate feedback to magnusson.lars.g@gmail.com

and of coarse even updated software for the Tapo app (don't know if it possibly could be an issue in the camera software??).

I am using Android and Mariano I think uses Iphone.

Best regards / Lars_G

Options
2020-02-20 06:46:18

@Lars_G 

Thanks for your updates. 

We tested at our end, it works well though; once we fixed the image quality to HQ, it won't change no matter which wifi the phone has connected. But you do need wait a while to make the camera refresh the liveview page. 

And if possible, you can shot a short video of this issue and send it to us. First, you can connect your phone to the same wifi which camera has connected, and switch it to HQ, then you can disable wifi and enable the cellular data, then open the app and go to liveview page to check the image quality. 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-02-20 08:50:07

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin, due to your 10mb file size limit, I had to make the video short and low quality, sorry for that. I hope you can see what I'm trying to show. Best regards /Lars

Kevin_Z wrote

@Lars_G 

Thanks for your updates. 

We tested at our end, it works well though; once we fixed the image quality to HQ, it won't change no matter which wifi the phone has connected. But you do need wait a while to make the camera refresh the liveview page. 

And if possible, you can shot a short video of this issue and send it to us. First, you can connect your phone to the same wifi which camera has connected, and switch it to HQ, then you can disable wifi and enable the cellular data, then open the app and go to liveview page to check the image quality. 

Thanks a lot. 

File:
VID_20200220_094454.mp4Download
Options
2020-02-21 06:55:10

@Lars_G 

Hi Lars, thanks for your reply. 

I watched the video and we almost did the same thing except I chose HQ at first. You can click the liveview page and select HQ manually; and then repeat the whole process and verify whether it works well. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-02-21 08:09:44

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, new video where I'm in cellular mode all the time. Changing to HQ, closing app, re-opening app and now the LQ is back, just as Marino originally said. 

File:
SVID_20200221_085627_1.mp4Download
Options
2020-02-21 08:44:08

@Kevin_Z 

Additional info, firmware version of app and camera :

Options
2020-02-21 11:22:01

@Lars_G 

Thanks for your reply. I just confirmed with our engineer. It turns out that the image quality is LQ by default once you switched to remote control status. 

While there is a little change; If you do not shut off the app before you switched from local network to a remote network, it will keep the same as previous settings. In other words, if you set up image quality as HQ locally first, with the APP "alive”, the image quality will be the HQ.

Besides, please ensure that the firmware and the APP version are both up to date.

And we have forwarded this feature to our product department, we will keep an eye on similar feedback. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-04-17 08:49:52

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin. I have the same issue, meaning, quality switching to Low even if i keep setting it to high.

I am all the time at home, connected to the same wifi as the cameras.

Any idea what could possibly cause it? Any test i can do to find a solution?

Thanks.

Options
2020-08-25 02:46:26
Is there any updates with this? I am having the same issue that I need to change the settings to HQ everytime the app is closed and re-opened.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 9901

Replies: 20