Deco P9 - Change IP address range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 - Change IP address range

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Deco P9 - Change IP address range
2020-10-17 17:18:56

@l1dge  Same problem here, cannot connect printers or cameras.   The omission of routine router features is inexcusable.    I invested in three P9's and I'm about to toss them on the 'ash heap' of unusable products

l1dge wrote

@Kevin_Z That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So now all my devices that connect via wifi and dhcp cannot talk to my other devices using a different static ip address range because not only does the P9 assign a completely different DHCP range to my router, even though I have set a static IP on the P9 device, it's DHCP range is not even configurable!! To suggest assigning static ip addresses to every device in the house is stupid. Please fix this problem asap. This has completely broken my hive installation as Amazon Echo devices can no longer connect to the Hive Hub. You've turned my smart home into a dumb home!

EDIT: And it also means that the printers connected to my server are no longer accessible to any of my kids computers crying 

.   I've been a TP-Link customer for a long time, but 'not no more'.

l1dge wrote

@Kevin_Z That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. So now all my devices that connect via wifi and dhcp cannot talk to my other devices using a different static ip address range because not only does the P9 assign a completely different DHCP range to my router, even though I have set a static IP on the P9 device, it's DHCP range is not even configurable!! To suggest assigning static ip addresses to every device in the house is stupid. Please fix this problem asap. This has completely broken my hive installation as Amazon Echo devices can no longer connect to the Hive Hub. You've turned my smart home into a dumb home!

EDIT: And it also means that the printers connected to my server are no longer accessible to any of my kids computers crying 

Options
Re:Deco P9 - Change IP address range
2020-11-22 14:14:50

For me it is reason to return them.

My whole homekit setup got mixed up, and I cannot connect to my NAS. And it is really anoying you cannot hang them on the wall. 

I will get something else, especially since you pay a lot of money for it. 

Options
Related Articles