Video recorded cannot be played and no access to live view outside of home

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-28 09:52:51 - last edited 2019-12-31 19:40:59

Okay, now I'm really regretting buying this camera KC120.

Bought this camera to monitor my maid's activity, and installed initially in the baby's room.

When I'm at home, the live view is not bad. Both view and sounds works.

When I'm outside of home, all the problems come out.

1) When trying to view the live view, nothing comes out. Only the stupid circle thing keep rotating. So no live view outside of home.

2) When trying to view the video taken in the activity tab, 95% of the video cannot be viewed.  There's a cross on it, and it says "Clip Unavailable, the clip can't be played because something went wrong while uploading from your Kasa Cam."  The other 5% only has 1 second of the video.

Then I'm trying to search around for the solution. Apparently there's a lot of people having the same problem.
I thought there might be a problem with the wifi signal.

It's NOT.

I put the camera right in the living room just besides my ASUS router within half a meter distance with no obstruction, and my wifi in the living room is fast enough to have low latency for all kinds of online gaming.

The problem stays the same.

The signal light on the camera is a steady green, which means it's successfully connect to both wifi and cloud.
However, clip recorded in the living room still cannot be played.

So the camera only have a live view function when I'm at home, which completely defeats the purpose of getting a camera.

It looks like an immature product to me. 

Lesson learnt, have no faith in TP-link products any more and will avoid its products from now on.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Video recorded cannot be played and no access to live view outside of home
2020-05-06 01:35:53

@DingFang 

Hey me too having this problem kinda of piss off 

Options
2021-02-06 11:48:43

@DingFang 

I 3rd this. This was working ok say 3 or 4 months ago,..started to get a bit unreliable.

Now, its impossible to select preset camera positions or move the camera. 

I also get the spinning wheel.

I can get everything to work fine on the local network via Android app and Apple app,...but remoting in using 3/4 G cellular phone network, or using another wifi network...forget it.

I feel that the app has had an update that hasn't been tested properly.

I initially thought that perhaps my new router had an incorrectly configured port or something, but plugging my old router in (the used to work when I had the old router) and the same outcome.

As soon as I got back in range of my home network, and turned wifi on my tablet back on, instantly works fine again.

Options
2021-02-08 09:46:13

@JubJub 

Hi, Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

May I know the model number of your Kasa camera?

How about the version of your Kasa APP?

Would the camera show up as offline on the 3/4G network, or it is online and just takes too long to response?

If possible, could you please record a video clip on the Kasa APP?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1405

Replies: 3