Smart Plug Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Plug Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Plug Issues
Smart Plug Issues
2019-12-28 10:41:14
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I have had 4 TP Link Smart Plugs for a few months now and they have worked great. On Christmas Eve one of them went red and I have tried to reset it etc but to no avail. When I reset it back to factory settings I try and connect it again. My phone can see the plug but when I get to the stage of connecting to WiFi it doesn't work. I get the error screen with typo etc. Now this has happened to another two of my plugs since. All with the same issue. Unable to connect to the WiFi. I haven't changed the password on the router or anything and I have successfully connected a tablet to the router so it is definitely not the password. I have deleted the kasa app and reinstalled it, set up a new account and have also tried to connect without an account. 

Does anybody have any ideas? I know my router had dropped out and I reset it but one of the plugs and my bulb are still connected. 

thanks 

Trevor 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Smart Plug Issues
2020-01-08 08:11:48

@TOB22 

Hello Trevor, sorry to respond late. 

Try to hard reset the HS100 and reconfigure; this time, you can change another smart phone to setup the smart plug. 

If still the same, please tell me the model number of your cellphone and its OS version. As well as the MAC address of the HS100. 

May it help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 463

Replies: 1

Related Articles