Downgrade from new firmware 1.4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-12 11:47:35 - last edited 2020-01-22 07:24:37
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4

Hello everyone,

like everyone else, just updated Deco M5 (9 piece) from 1.3.1 to 1.4

Right after update completed, I was having issue with instable internet connection. I tried to restart all of them, reboob, reinstall update, but non of those working :(

I just want to downgrade to 1.3.1

Does anyone knows, how to do this ?

I couldn't find any posts about it.

Please help and share :'(

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Downgrade from new firmware 1.4-Solution
2020-01-16 06:02:47 - last edited 2020-01-22 07:24:37
As it was mentioned before, try to switch to Access Point (AP) mode. It should solve this problem, as temporarily solution before new update.
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Downgrade from new firmware 1.4
2020-01-13 06:30:42

@Boriy 

Hello, for your information, the 1.4.0 is not allowed to degrade to 1.3.x via the web interface directly. I saw that you figured it out by switching it to AP mode. If you are willing to change it back to router mode and do further analysis, please help us to confirm the information below.

1. The current network diagram; how do these Deco units connect to each other.

2. The light status of all Deco units. 

3. Have you checked if internet connection from main Deco is normal when you lost connection? It would be helpful if you can unplug other satellite Deco units, connect your computer to the main deco via ethernet cable and Wi-Fi respectively, check the internet connection.

4. Whether all clients connected to Deco network get unstable connection? 

5. Please also kindly check whether you can get internet from the modem directly bypass the Deco.

6. Besides, you can swap the location of Deco units or switch the slave Deco to main Deco to give it a go.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options
2020-01-13 11:27:22

@Kevin_Z 

I'm kinda scared to change anything right now for Deco. 

Everything is working fine now, so I think, I'll stay with this sometime. As long as it works or good update comes

Options
2020-01-14 03:12:52

@Boriy 

Thanks for your valued reply. Absolutely you can use the Deco M5 as access point to enjoy the flawless internet connection. 

On the other hand, our engineers are working on it and try to fix it. 

Best regards. 

Options
2020-01-14 10:38:47

@Kevin_Z Hi Kevin

Is there an ETA for a fix as my home network is totally unusable now after the 1.4.0 update and we work from home... This is a serious problem...

Thanks

Options
Re:Downgrade from new firmware 1.4-Solution
2020-01-16 06:02:47 - last edited 2020-01-22 07:24:37
As it was mentioned before, try to switch to Access Point (AP) mode. It should solve this problem, as temporarily solution before new update.
Recommended Solution
Options
2020-02-06 21:52:23

I have the same problem after upgrading to firmware 1.4

The solution mentioned earlier cant be used in my situation.

Reason is that all 4 Deco m5's are allready in AP mode. 

Cant use them in Router mode cause i dont want to mess things up in our home, since everything is smart (smarthome) and dont want to screw things up. 

But let's be honest, its kinda strange that tp link rolls out a firmware, and after that the mesh network of serval home are screwed up.... and now we have to wait when they create a new firmware to fix that problem.... hmmmz, when wil that be, next week? Next Month? Couple of months? 

its really odd. 

Options
2020-02-07 06:43:09

@Patjev5 

Hello, you can install the beta firmware attached below.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/187114

After that, you can verify the performance of the Deco M5 units.

May it help.

Options
2020-10-26 19:08:29

@Kevin_Z 

Hi!

I have a Deco M9 plus and I am facing the exact same issue. 

After upgrading my deco to v1.4.3 ( also tried 1.4.2 and 1.4.0) I can no longer connect to internet. 

I am using the deco directly connected to the internet with a mac clone and a vlan 300 from T-Mobile.

Connecting to it via cable also does not work. I can only access it via WiFi.

Any idea what might be causing it or how to downgrade?

I'm kinda desperate here.

Thank you.

Options
2020-10-27 12:06:22

@gualcosta 

Hi, thanks for asking. It seems that your issue is not the same as the others, it's more like a setup or configuration issue, so please check the basic settings first.

Connect your computer to the T-Mobile internet line directly and ensure the internet is working properly, then connect that cable to the Deco M9 and refer to the below set up to reconfigure it:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/

If that still fails, please refer to the below suggestions to check some basic settings:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2239/

May it help~

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2332

Replies: 9

Related Articles