Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
233 Reply
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-02-06 01:22:57 - last edited 2021-02-06 01:33:09

Hi Kevin, I have C6 v2.0 EU with latest official firmware: 1.3.6. Same thing, random WiFi unavailability.

1. Smart connect is disabled

2. Mesh disabled (not working, I see duplicate networks, but you know this issue already)

3. Wired & 5G works fine (internet access), 2.4G random failures. Wired is computer, 5G is laptop.

4. To restart the service is enough to change 1 parameter in the wifi settings, like power, no need for full reboot

5. Same SID for 2.4G & 5G

6. Other 2.4G devices: Android based, around 4 of them

7. Setup of only 802.11 g/n mixed protocol, hidden SIDs, high power, channel & channel width set to Auto

8. No Guest network

9. Router set in AP mode, wired to the ISP router, DHCP server set on Auto, static IP assigned on ISP Router based on MAC

10. Doesn't recover itself, needs Wifi reboot

11. Nothing in the logs from web interface, all messages on INFO level

12. Router setup to reboot every day at 5:30AM

13. All devices cannot see the 2.4G Wifi as it's not visible

Thank you

Options
Re:Archer c6 "no internet access" and sometime not connecting to the wifi saying "limited connection"
2021-02-10 09:44:57

The beta firmware has improved the stability but not completely. I have been getting timeouts on pinging routers ip(192.168.0.1) especially when I use AES as my password encryption.

Options
2021-02-10 09:55:19

@Kevin_Z is there anyway to go back to the original firmware? I don't think i had this many issues back on the first firmware. I would prefer testing it with original one before disposing of this router.

Options
2021-02-10 11:13:15

Its been months and months with those issues and TP-Link is unable to resolve it. 

I believe its time to act as a serious company and start a return program for all of us who bought this problematic device. (return the money, or replace it with a router that actually works).. 

It is unacceptable to ask from your clients to test firmwares and do troubleshooting for months over and over again. 

Options
2021-02-14 09:09:16

@cakrit 

I totally agree with you. Having similar issues. Tried a bunch of beta FW with no luck. I think the C6 is faulty from the origin and no beta FW could fix it. I'm restarting, hard resetting the C6 router every 2-3 days in order to re-connect to the internet. Another dimension of "frustration". 

Options
2021-02-18 08:55:10

@KingRabbid 

Are the devices still able to see the 2.4G network when they disconnect from it? Please try to upgrade the router firmware we provided on this thread, then monitor.

Options
2021-02-18 10:02:14

@Kevin_Z 

Unfortunately the issues have restarted, with the Beta firmware, intermittant connections on 2.4

I have now bought a separate router for wifi access , very dissappointing 

Options
2021-02-18 16:09:22 - last edited 2021-02-18 16:10:36

Hi Kevin, as per my comment point #13 the 2.4G network is not visible anymore to any device (even to the laptop that uses the 5G, I cannot see the 2.4G network listed anymore) when the issue occurs.

I see no point in upgrading the firmaware to a beta version that doesn't fix the issue - as per other comments here.

Options
2021-02-19 03:39:15

@CaptainKirky 

The same question we want to ask again: are the devices still able to see the 2.4G network when they disconnect from it? If they can still see the network, can you connect them back? Was there any error message?

Options
2021-02-22 11:54:03
Kevin, I don't understand what you're asking for: please understand that the router is NO LONGER emitting Wifi in 2.4G no matter how long you wait. You need to restart the Wifi service to make it work. I don't know if it's crashing or what is happening but this is the real life use-case. The 5G is working fine (or maybe it's less collision from other networks so it doesn't get into a similar scenario if this is the root cause for the issue). There is no logging information when this happens; actually, can you add some real troubleshooting support in the router that can help you analyze the issue better other than asking for behavior from users? Or please instruct us how to really troubleshoot this, how we can really help collect information from the router to help you further. Because so far it looks like a black box. Thank you
Options