DECO P7 - Some devices are connected but there's no internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-13 20:29:45
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1 build 20190704 Rel. 46693

Hi,

I bought a month ago a pack of 3 Deco P7. I set them up as Access point, connected to my router where everything worked perfectly.

I noticed that some devices (my iPhone XS and the macbook pro, but maybe also others have the same problem), sometimes randomly can't connect to internet, even if they seem to be connected with full signal to wifi. I also checked from the web interface of another device when this happened, and it doesn't show my iPhone in the list of the currently online device. If I switch from the 5Ghz band to the 2.4, or reconnect it, it works again. Until last disconnection.

On these devices I always use the 5Ghz band, I didn't see the problem on the 2.4 Ghz. I rebooted and tried almost everything. Also checked the logs but didn't find anything significant.

What can I do? Can I downgrade to another firmware without this issue? or do you have a working beta firmware? Thank you!!!!

Options
11 Reply
Re:DECO P7 - Some devices are connected but there's no internet connection
2020-01-14 07:42:22

@palla89 

Hello, what is the led status of all Deco units when your devices lost connection? 

At that time, please click here to get the IP address and gateway obtained by your computer. And try to ping the IP address of the Deco which your computer has connected to and ping the IP address of the main Deco. 

Note: You can get the connected Deco via the Deco app, so does the IP address of slave/main Deco. 

May I know did you disable fast roaming or mesh technology to use 5GHz only on these devices? 

Please connect the main Deco to the router only with other slave Decos unplugged to verify whether you still have the same issue. And try to connect the computer or smartphone to the main router directly to do a comparison test. 

Besides, you can swap the locations of the Deco units.

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-19 07:16:47

@palla89 

Can TP-Link look at this issue or at least provide clear troubleshooting aids ? I know how to fix it : My P7 main device is set as router connected to the LAN of the telecom Router. Every time when  I have devices that are very well connected to the wifi network but have no Internet Access , I reset the telco's router what always fixes the problem.

It seems that something wrong is going on the wired networks interfaces between both routers. As if the Telco's router Lan does not want to respond to some of the traffic on the WAN interface of the main P7.

Options
2021-02-13 18:36:23
Same problem here! Any solution please? Seems to be an Apple devices problem while switching between decos wifi?
Options
2021-07-21 23:22:10

Same problem here

Options
2021-08-10 15:56:39

I have the same issues, on my phone (android 11 Xiaomi) and my computer. Have tried forgetting wifi, turned off mesh ... Still same issue. Only way is to restart router, or turn off wifi and reconnect. Some times that don't work on the computer...

Options
2021-08-11 06:41:21

@DonDrone 

Hi, Except for Android 11 Xiaomi and the computer, Did any other devices get affected?

If only these two devices, please help me check the system info and adapter info of the computer.

After that, please also change the WAN DNS of Deco to check whether it helped or not.

Options
2021-08-11 16:57:42

@TP-Link 

I have the problem with Pixel 4XL, but it happened with the iPhone and Mac too. for me it just resolved after like 10 days.

restarting the mesh resolves the problem temporarily but not a solution.

Options
2021-08-22 19:17:58

@TP-Link 

Hi 

What i have noticed it's only those devices, I have now changed to not connecting to "optian DNS automatically". Let's see if that does it! Will let you know! 

Thank you

Options
2021-08-23 02:20:51

@DonDrone 

Thank you and please keep me updated whether the problem is fixed not.

Options
2021-08-23 20:03:12 - last edited 2021-08-25 18:33:42

@TP-Link 

Hi 

I have now my computer wired, it works flawless now.... My phone keeps losing internet connection, as well i forget to mention my Oculus quest 2 it complains that it has lost the connection as well and quick finds it again. What can I do? I'm thinking of using my warranty. But really I'm thinking this is a software issue since your last update... I have Samsung wifi mesh in my weekend home and no issues there...

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 3842

Replies: 11