C200 "The network is unstable" error

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-21 05:34:44
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest firmware as of 21 Jan 2020

Hello.

I have two Tapo C200 that's located I've successfully installed & linked & paired with the iOS app.

Problem started when I decided to move the C200s to use another account. Everything seems fine until the last step where the app would report that "The network is unstable".

I used Speedtest to verify that I have a connection to the internet and my router (Archer C7) can see the C200. I have reset the C200 several time but I still can't seem to complete the last step.

Options
19 Reply
Re:C200 "The network is unstable" error
2020-01-22 08:59:24

@tappat 

Hello, what is the current led status of the Tapo C200? Do they have the same issue? 

Have you ever tried to use the original account to configure them? Does it work? 

Try to move them closer to the Archer C7 first to set it up, once it works, you can relocate it. 

Besides, please ensure that you use the main router's wifi password to set it up; if it still the same, please show us a screenshot of the error message you saw on the last step.

Thanks a lot. Good day. 

Options
2020-01-23 02:42:33

@Kevin_Z 

Hello.

Both units experience the same problems and are located in different locations (i.e., not in the same building or general area). What's common to both is the ISP company.

I've tried using the original account, closer to the phone, closer to the router, several tries to connect, and several resets but to no avail. The C200 voice prompt always said it has wifi connection but in the end I only get this which goes away after a few seconds: 

And when I try to "add device" I get this:

Any ideas?

Options
2020-03-09 06:15:09

@tappat 

Hello,

Even though you get the error message on the last step, what's the light status on the camera? 

Do you have any special settings on the router? Such as  MAC filtering, Access control, AP Isolation/Client Isolation? If so, please turn them off.

If it is possible, please try to factory reset the router and the camera, then reinstall them.

Options
2020-03-12 22:29:30

I have exactly the same problem with my C200 when trying to connect it via the Android app.  It happens even when I put the camera a foot away frm the wireless access point.

There is nothing wrong with the network - I already have a different make of camera working perfectly well with it.

I looks like I will have to send these back for a refund.

Options
2020-03-13 06:11:45

@Jolyon 

Hi, sorry to hear that your camera has the same issue. We can try to do some troubleshooting to get it to work.

You mentioned you can't set it up with the wireless access point, do you have a router in the house? If so, please try to connect the camera to the main WiFi network, instead of the extended network. 

Besides,  please try to reset the camera and start over with the setup process again,  then reboot the router as well as the Tapo camera.

If it is possible, please try to use another phone to do the settings.

What's the model number of your router/wireless access point? 

Good day.

Options
2020-03-13 10:39:55

@Stella.Q 

Hi Stella - thanks for responding.

The WiFi access point is the main WiFi network, not an extension.  I don't use the rubbish router built into my Virgin hub - instead I run that in modem-only mode and use a TP-Link TL-ER6020 router and a separate Netgear WAC124 WAP sited more centrally in thehouse.  The WAP runs three WiFi networks: a 5GHz one for my use, a separate 5GHz one for visitors and a 2,.4GHz one for equipment (such as the C200) which require 2.4GHz.

There is nothing wrong with the network or the phone (a Samsung J6+), both of which have been used successfully to connect various other devices including another camera and an energy monitor.  I will try connecting theC200 yet again, but if it continues to fail I can only conclude that it is faulty.

What does the "network is unstable" message actually mean, anyway?

Options
2020-03-14 12:14:11

@Stella.Q 

Hi Stella, I finally managed to connect both cameras and they are working well.  The second one refused to connect using my phone - the app couldn't even detect the camera while it was connected to it!  In the end I used an Android tablet and it worked first time.  No idea why the connection process is so flaky, but at least all is well now.

Regards, Jolyon

Options
2020-03-14 23:06:10
I did not pay attention to the camera's light at the time of the error but I did turn off the LED prior to the attempted account transfer. No MAC filtering or isolation. Rest the C200 on top of a rest. Same result. Thanks.
Options
2020-03-14 23:06:24
I did not pay attention to the camera's light at the time of the error but I did turn off the LED prior to the attempted account transfer. No MAC filtering or isolation. Rest the C200 on top of a rest. Same result. Thanks.
Options
2020-03-16 02:17:55

@Jolyon 

Hi Jolyon,

Thanks for your valued reply, glad to hear that it was resolved. 

If need more help in the future, do not hesitate to contact us.

Have a nice day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 22900

Replies: 20

Related Articles