Deco M9 plus Interesting Speed issue I can't figure out

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-22 12:44:13
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi guys,

Installed my new M9 (1 main & 2 slaves) a few weeks back, and I have an "interesting" speed issue that does not make sense to me.

I have a 1gb line, and after installing the M9, I get aprox. 900-950mb on wifi. Then after a day or two, it drops to 92-94mb, and stays exactly there until I do a reset. Then its back to normal (900-950mb), but guess what - after a day or two its back to 92-94mb again. What puzzels me is that it drops to the same speed every time - and stays there, until I do a reset again.

Stripping the wifi for other connections but my Mac makes no difference.

So what is happening here and how do I fix it?

Just for your information - I have 1 LG oled TV, 2 Chromecasts, 1 NAS and 7 Sonos speakers connect permantly and 2 Macs on & off. 

Brgds. Jens

For speed test I use Ookla which by the way show the same results as the Deco app speed tester.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M9 plus Interesting Speed issue I can't figure out
2020-01-23 02:42:13

@jive4life 

Hello, do you mean it will be normal once you reboot it, not hard reset? 

What is the current network diagram? How do you connect these devices together? 

When the speed slows down, is that the same result on the Deco app? Please show us a screenshot of it. 

In the meantime, please connect the main Deco to the modem only and verify whether you have the same issue; and you can connect the computer to the modem directly, bypass the Deco to test the speed. 

When you run the speed test, please click here to get the wired/wireless negotiation speed. 

Note: The steps are the same for wired negotiation speed, while you need click on ethernet connection. 

Thanks a lot. 

Options
2020-01-27 07:13:26 - last edited 2020-01-27 07:19:07

@jive4life 

Hi,

Here the same issue.

Deco M9 Plus V2 with firmware 1.2.12 (also tested it on 1.2.10)

When my (all of my) devices connect. the performance is as aspected. 350mbit isp limit.

But after 1-2 days. the performance is capped al 95-100mbit and never goes back to the isp limit.

After a device-wifi reconnect (disconnect and reconnect). the performance of that device is back at 350mbit. (again for 1-2 days, then 95-100mbit)

tested it on ipad's, iphone's and several windows 10 laptops. (all on wifi 5G)

Qos is not enabled.

Deco in router mode.

Please advice,

Regards,

Options
2020-01-27 07:40:51
Hi again, 5 days ago, I accidentally pulled the power cord to the Main Deco. I powered it back up and no performance dip after that. Im not saying this is the cure, but I will keep you posted on this.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 800

Replies: 3

Related Articles