Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco Mesh system connection issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
90 Reply
Re:Deco Mesh system connection issues
2021-12-06 10:08:48

@Bonhard 

Hi, we are sorry to leave you such an impression.

But I am glad you are still with us.

Since your last post is updated in February, I am not sure the issue has been changed or not.

If you would like to provide more details about your current instability issue, we would be glad to provide further assistance with higher priority.

I see your network has 3*M9 plus and 1*M3W, so it would be highly appreciated if you could also share a detailed network topology when you tried to describe the problem.

Thank you very much for your time and patience and wait for your reply.

And if possible, it is highly appreciated that you could start a new thread.

Options
2022-01-06 09:08:11

@TP-Link_Deco Hi there, I tried updating the firmware and also I changed the connection from the switch to the main router but still the connection is not stable. It disconnects from time to time and its kind a irritating specially now my kids are in home based schooling due to the pandemic. Is there any other way?

Options
2022-02-08 13:59:51

This has now started with my system. I have a M5+ Deco mesh system (3 nodes). My wife sitting still in a room will show good connection to WiFi on her iPad Pro, but no connection to the internet. She can disconnect/reconnect and the problem goes away for a few minutes, but then happens again.  I unplugged one of the nodes and the issue goes away. There is obviously overlap in our house, but shouldn't the system be able to handle this appropriately? I need all nodes turned on to have coverage in all areas. They're in AP mode with each one wired into my home network.

Options
2022-02-09 07:35:15

@packpike 

Hi, since this post is quite a long ago and there are different models involved, could you please start a new thread about your issue?

And I see your Deco M9 plus is still on firmware 1.2.12, please also refer to this link to update the firmware to be the latest 1.5.6.

How to update Deco M9 plus from firmware 1.2.12 Build

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-02-09 16:36:27

@TP-Link 

So my hardware is V2.8, but there doesn't seem to be a utility available to update the firmware for V2.8.Therefore I'm assuming I have to do it via the web management page, but I don't know how to access it. I use the app on my iOS device.

Options
2022-03-21 14:56:51

@TP-Link_Deco  Hi, i have a similar problem, too of my laptops connect to the deco network but "No Internet", i figure out that is not assigning a valid ip address so i put a static one in one laptop and now is connected always, no issues, but the other laptop i cant do that because if my work laptop and i no have admin permissions so the only thing that i can do is to try like 5 or more times to connect and it will do it. Also with cable is the same thing "No internet". 

Options
2022-03-23 07:29:19

@Oscargrandan 

Hi, may I know the model number of these two laptops?

Can I have a screenshot of the IP configuration on the working Deco-How to find IP address on your devices?

Will you have the same issue when connecting these two laptops to another network?

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-05-08 15:35:27

The lack of response from TP-Link is incredible. I've been experiencing this issue for almost 2 years. I'm now looking at alternate products to replace this mesh system. 

Options
2022-06-13 06:44:58 - last edited 2022-06-13 07:24:49

The issue still persists on all DECO mesh devices.

For example when i connect to some remote PC with SSH and after 10-15 seconds i got disconnected.

How that issue could still be alive after 4 years.

Options
2022-06-14 03:45:27

@Milenski 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Each firmware upgrade will fix some bugs that we have found might cause the instability issue to improve the network performance, but not all disconnections are caused by the same problem or even related to Deco.

For your case, we do hope you could start a new thread here and provide us with the model number of your Deco?

Will any Deco turn red when the internet got disconnected after an SSH connection on the PC?

What do you need to restore the connection?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
Related Articles