Change in Internet Provider

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-27 11:14:50 - last edited 2021-01-15 07:37:37
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I've recently changed my internet provider but my extender is still registered to the old network. So far, I've not been able to dismiss the old network or reset the booster, so I can connect it to the new.

Any idea how to connect to my new network please? 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Change in Internet Provider-Solution
2021-01-15 07:31:02 - last edited 2021-01-15 07:37:37

@Lumi00 

Thanks for your patience.

There is no need to reset them when you changed a different internet provider.

They could be plug and play once paired;

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Change in Internet Provider
2020-02-02 08:52:18

@Kim_W 

Hello, what is the model number of your range extender? You can find it on the back of the actual device.

After you changed ISP, you need reconfigure the extender; first, you can hard reset it by holding the reset hole for 1s with the extender powered on.

And then you can connect to the default extender's wifi and log into the web UI  to connect it to the new wifi network.

Note: Please use the new router's wifi password to configure it.

May it help.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Change in Internet Provider
2021-01-14 12:36:58

@Kevin_Z 

Hi I changed internet provider, I have the powerline  tp link AV600 with two extenders. 

Is it necessary to reset them or is only needed when they don't work?

I am not very tech and don't want to mess things up. 

Thank you 

Options
Re:Change in Internet Provider-Solution
2021-01-15 07:31:02 - last edited 2021-01-15 07:37:37

@Lumi00 

Thanks for your patience.

There is no need to reset them when you changed a different internet provider.

They could be plug and play once paired;

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 6011

Replies: 3

Related Articles