Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-01-28 14:39:00
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have setup a Mesh network using 3 X Deco M4 units which has totally transformed our internet! They are amazing!

There is one problem my girlfriend has been having which doesnt happen on any one elses WIFI

On her android phone, whats app sends the following notification:

"Switch Whatsapp to mobile data, Whatsapp cant connect using the current WIFI network. Allow  this app to use mobile data"?

This didnt happen on our old WIFI or on our friends WIFI, only at home since DECO has been installed. Is there any settings i should be aware of that i can change?

Thank you in advance

Mark

Options
27 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help?
2020-01-29 13:19:57

@MarkN Whatsapp works fine for me on a M4 3-unit setup.  Are you in router or AP mode (I'm in AP mode)?  Not sure I can offer any other help, beyond saying "it works fine for me"!

Options
Re:Deco M4 - Everythig working ok accept whats app! Odd problem, can anyone help?
2020-02-02 07:03:06

@MarkN 

Hello Mark, does your girlfriend's mobile phone still connect to the Deco's wifi with the notification pops up? If so, please check the IP address and gateway obtained by her cellphone.

Meanwhile, you can check the parental control settings, whether the whatsapp has been added into blacklist.

And you can disable antivirus feature on the Deco app to give it a go.

May it help.

Options
2020-02-03 10:30:51

@MarkN Same problem here with DECO M9plus and whatapp. I'm on an Android (Xiaomi Mi 9), other family members are on Apple Iphone 8, Samsung S10,... and they don't get notified on their phone if I send them a whatsapp message. Only if they open Whatsapp on the phone, the message comes through. If i try to call them, I get a Whatsapp notification that a voice call is not possible on this wifi network.

I've tried out both Router Mode and AP mode.

Proximus Router > DECO M9plus (x3)

I'm ready to throw them out. Need help.

Options
2020-04-08 11:25:05

@MarkN turn off fast roaming in the advanced options, some devices don't like fast roaming option.

Options
2020-04-08 21:28:40 - last edited 2020-04-08 21:29:12

@AndrewRSA 

hello all same here with whatsapp(huawei P10). tried router and AP. chat is working fine. also tried disabling fast roaming. seem that it has something to do with voice and video as Skype for business is also having issues. normal skype is working fine

Options
2020-09-07 16:49:43

Has anyone in here used gb whatsapp yet?

Options
2020-09-08 07:36:58

@Ronny_B 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

May I have the model of your Deco system? Is it Deco M9 Plus? To better help you, please help to confirm the following information.

1. Who is your ISP?

2. What is the detailed network diagram/layout? How many Deco M9 units do you have in total and how they are connected?

3. When you mean WhatsApp voice call and Skype for business video are not working, is there any error message? Are you using WhatsApp and Skype for business on your phone or computer, what are the models and OS version? Have you tried on different phones or systems?

4. Try to disable fast roaming and beamforming to give it a shot.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-10-21 20:20:25

@MarkN I have exactly the same problem. My set-up is a three hub system and it creates great wifi coverage in the house - but Whatsapp video calls don't connect on my OnePlus 6 or on my partner's iPhone 8. I've tried the system as AP and default as well as turning off Beamforming and Fast Roaming. Still nothing. Messages and voice calls work fine - but not video. What is the point in creating a flawless new network if one of the main things I use the internet for doesn't function? I assume this would be a relatively simple fix somewhere in the firmware created by tp-link. 

Currently I would not recommend the system to anyone and will consider returning the product unless it can be resolved.

Options
2020-11-05 02:20:19

@MarkN I have exactly the same problem with a Deco X20 (3-pack). But not only with WhatsApp video files and video calls on my iPhone, also happened while trying to download the iPadOS 14.1.

Microsoft Teams video calls in the Mac, PC and iPad work fine. Zoom video calls also work. Netflix, YouTube streaming OK on all devices. Music streaming to Sonos OK. Alexa works fine (have not installed the TP-Link skill yet).

I've tried with Beamforming and Fast Roaming on and off. The problem is still there.

The main Deco is connected with the supplied ethernet cable to the ISP Modem, the second Deco is connected directly to the main Deco via ethernet cable, and the third Deco is connected via MESH sometimes to the main Deco, sometimes to the second Deco.

Thank you.

Raul

Options
2020-11-05 11:22:03

Hi @phoen1x make sure you are tagging a TP-Link Admin if you want a timely response. Unless we are tagged we do not see that new responses have been added. We do not subscribe to every thread so rely on Tagging to ensure responses.

@RMarquez 

Hi Raul, to better help you, please help to confirm the following information.
1. Who is your ISP?
2. When you mean you cannot connect to WhatsApp video files and video calls, is there any error message? What are the models and OS version of the iPhone? Have you tried on different phones or systems?
3. Is the Deco working as a router? Try to change the WAN DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the whole system.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 8211

Replies: 27

Related Articles