Massive Connection Problem on a RE300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-02 18:57:33

Hey All,

Maybe some one can help me .

I have an : Archer 2 Router

Firmware version:0.9.1 4.2 v0032.0 Build 160706 Rel.37961n

Hardware version:Archer C2 v1 00000002

This is Giving off 2.4 and 5 WIFI

I recently bought a RE300, I connected both bands to their specific signals, But most of the times I connect once it works, If I move away and come back it wont connect or

it says no internet access on my phone when its trying to connect. The SSID shows but nothing happens.

I even did a Firmware upgrade on the RE300 and didnt fix the issue.

Now I was trying thinking maybe its loosing connection to the main Router but its literally 3 Meters away from it atm.

If I connect to the main Archer Wifi I have no issues :(.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Massive Connection Problem on a RE300
2020-02-05 14:15:55

@Gutso 

Hello, what is the led status of the RE300 when you failed to access internet from it?

When it stops working, are you still connected to the TP-Link wifi but no internet access or it disconnects from the extender's wifi totally?

Please connect your computer to the RE300 by wired cable and verify whether you can access internet. And try to login to the web UI of the RE300 and show us a screenshot of the status page.

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-05 14:16:10

@Gutso 

Hello, what is the led status of the RE300 when you failed to access internet from it?

When it stops working, are you still connected to the TP-Link wifi but no internet access or it disconnects from the extender's wifi totally?

Please connect your computer to the RE300 by wired cable and verify whether you can access internet. And try to login to the web UI of the RE300 and show us a screenshot of the status page.

Good day.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-02-05 14:20:13

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

All 4 LEDs are solid white.

It shows connected but it has the explantion mark on the wifi strength signal and no internet access status .

There isnt a network port on this specifc one :(. I can show the config no problem anything specifc ?

Thanks

Ryan

Options
2020-05-04 18:46:40

@Kevin_Z 

I have the exact same problem with the RE300! Same router too.

I can connect my cellphone to the extender but not my laptop. Cannot connect with cable because there is not ethernet plug...

when i run the troubleshoot on the computer it says no ip adress detected....

plz reply

thx

Options
2020-05-04 18:55:17

@J-smoaky_1. 

So it seems that AP has a firmware compatibility issue with that Router.

I had to get a new Router with newer firmware and it works fine, No issues

Options
2020-05-16 17:36:48

@Gutso 

I am having issues too. I am in latest firmware. I can produce the connection issues if I create some type of heavy load. 1 TV streaming Disney+ and 2 devices running fast.com seems to be sufficient to cause connection issues.. Always one of the devices get disconnected and/or internet stop responding. Other devices connected to the main AP have no issues.

btw, after I stop running the heavy load, some minutes later, RE300 starts to work fine again. Only one time needed to reboot the RE300, it lost its IP.

1 week using it.

Options
2021-03-23 08:02:44

Hi all,

I have exactly the same problem with my RE300 (working on OneMesh configuration). 

If I am just browsing, there is no problem.

But the moment I start using some heavier (for instance a Zoom call) it just disconnects after 5 to 10 min.

All the leds on the RE300 are solid white. Then either I wait a couple of minutes or disconnect/connect my PC connection to be back online.

The signal strength is good and this does not happen if I connect directly to the router (Archer C6).

I bought the RE300 because of OneMesh and also not being the cheapest model I thought it would be an insurance policy. I was wrong.

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Thanks,

G

Options
2021-03-26 03:42:40 - last edited 2021-03-26 06:01:32

@GuidoVdS Hello, 

May I know the firmware version and hardware version of your RE300? RE300 V1 EU version firmware has updated and improved OneMesh feature

Please make sure the firmware is update on RE300 first.

RE300(EU)_V1_210129

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/re300/v1/#Firmware

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4471

Replies: 8

Related Articles