Kasa app is very limited, even more than mechanical timer!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-10 15:57:55 - last edited 2021-01-14 02:16:20
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, I purchased a network socket HS100 and I'm very surprise by Kaza app limitation.

First of all the cycle are limited to 31, as on count for one and off for one as well, the plug can only get 15 cycle in one day.
Mecanical timer can go up to 40 a day and 280 a week, so it is very suprising to see a digital timer much more limited than a mecanical one.

Second, the cycle can't be repeat. The program have to be enter manually for each event, but thanks to the 31 limit event, it's very easy to burn out the app capacity.

I wonder what's the point to go digital to get a shorter scope of work than basic model witch cost 4 time less?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Kasa app is very limited, even more than mechanical timer!
2020-02-12 09:56:36 - last edited 2021-01-14 02:16:20
Hello, we have noted your requests and will keep an eye on the similar feedback. Except, you can use schedule to turn it on/off, and you can repeat by choosing from Monday to Sunday. Good day.
Options
2020-02-12 15:03:06 - last edited 2021-01-14 02:16:20
Thanks for this non informative answer. Please note that 31 combo days x 7 days still make only 217 ON/OFF and repetition from one day to another day is not relly a flexible cycle routine. Anyway the socket after 36h is ignoring the programm, so I will return the product as it is seems defective, either hardware or software wise.
Options
2021-01-13 12:39:41 - last edited 2021-01-14 02:16:20

@frafra 

I have the same problem with this product. 31 events per day is the hard limit, which is frankly pretty damn terrible. 

I looked around for better products, but it seems that NONE publish their limitations as part of their product information. So it's very difficult to determine if competitor products are any better (or even worse). 

If you ask me it seems that these products are more like "fad buys" and no real product R&D was done, since as you say this product can't even compete with a mechanical timer designed in 1950. 

It's basically a case of you're out of luck and no one to complain to. Did you see the totally useless answer given by what seems like a drunk 5 year old? Oh no wait that was the official reply from TPLINK. 

Total joke and TP Link smart products are at least for me to be avoided. 

I also want to point out that the auto off events don't work if the event to turn it on was automated. 

Options
2021-01-13 12:40:29 - last edited 2021-01-14 02:16:20
You should be ashamed to give such a terrible reply.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1529

Replies: 4