TL-MR6400 IP address conflicts for wireless clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-15 10:36:53 - last edited 2020-02-24 18:38:29
Model: TL-MR6400  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Dear Sir, Madam,

I have recently purchased a TP-Link TL-MR6400 4G/3G router in order to get good quality Internet using cellular networks. I have bought a SIM (operator: Bouygues Telecom, France) and have managed to set-up the Internet connection. All the devices I connect to the TL-MR6400 using an Ethernet cable have access to the Internet.

Here is my situation with the Wireless devices (laptops, computers and smartphones):

- I can connect any of the devices to the TL-MR6400 Wi-Fi network but they do not have access to internet. The web browsers of my PCs come up with the error "IP address conflict".

- I can connect to another device which is on the TL-MR6400 Wi-Fi network without trouble. For example, I connect my PC to the Wi-Fi and then connect my Blackberry 10 to the Wi-Fi, and my PC will find the Blackberry 10 on the Wi-Fi and connect to it.

- I upgraded the TL-MR6400 with the latest firmware available in February 2020 and I still have the same problem.

To sum up, clients that have only been connected to the TL-MR6400 wirelessly do not have access to the Internet. This is particularly a problem for smartphone devices, as I cannot use the "connect them first by Ethernet" trick.

Maybe the TL-MR6400 is not setup properly ?

Any ideas how I can solve the problem ?

Best regards,

H Not

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 657

Replies: 0

Related Articles