IP address conflicts with Archer C80 and TL-PA4010P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-02-04 13:01:37 - last edited 2021-02-04 14:03:23
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I am extending my home network using TPA4010P powerline adapter kit and Archer C80 but have IP address conflict issues. 

In the initial setup, I had the C80 connected through the service provide VDSL modem LAN port in Access Point mode. It was used as both Router and Access point without issues for some months. The primary objective of this setup was to have 5GHz Wifi.

Recently, I had the need to extend the network using PowerLine Adapter. I connected the PowerLine adapter to my modem's LAN port and at the remote and, I have connected the AC80 in AP mode. This is basically the same setup where PowerLine Adapter is extending the network to remote location. 

However, in the new setup, every few hours the remote clients disconnect from Wifi with IP errors. When I do 'repair' on Windows, the repair message states there was an error with IP address and it is fixed. I have tried replacing AC80 with the simpler TL-WA850RE as access point. The result is the same. There is only one DHCP server in the network (VDSL modem provided by the service provider). What can be the reason for continuous issues with IP address ?. The issue started when PowerLine adapters were introduced to the network and did not have any such issues in the initial setup with direct LAN connection. 

All firmwares are upgraded to latest versions.

Options
1 Reply
Re:IP address conflicts with Archer C80 and TL-PA4010P
2021-02-06 09:19:57

@BOzunal 

Hi,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later.

At the same time, could you please help me check the following information:

1. What is the model number of your DSL gateway?
  2. For the TL-PA4010P, may I know the hardware and firmware version of this device?
  3. Would all the mobile devices connected to the access point have the instability issue?

--if possible, can I have a picture of the error message with IP errors?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 1

Related Articles