Signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Signal source

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Signal source
Signal source
2020-02-15 13:38:17 - last edited 2020-02-22 11:21:30
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 20190821 Rel. 54023

Hello,

My Deco M9 satellite (bedroom) connects to the most distant source (living room) while there is a satellite between the two (corridor).

Why ?

When restarting the Deco system, it connects at the start well to the "corridor" source but after it switches to "living room"..

Thank you for helping me.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Signal source -Solution
2020-02-17 01:55:53 - last edited 2020-02-22 11:21:30

@HelloRabbit 

Hello, thanks for your information. 

It seems that the signal strength the bedroom Deco obtained from the main Deco is good enough, or it does not reach the threshold value, therefore it does not trigger the roam between different APs. In the meantime to minimize the routing hops, it switches to the main Deco again. 

We are working on it now and try to improve the whole mechanism. As a workaround, you can move the bedroom Deco further away from the main one. 

Thanks for your kindly understanding and support in advance. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Signal source -Solution
2020-02-17 01:55:53 - last edited 2020-02-22 11:21:30

@HelloRabbit 

Hello, thanks for your information. 

It seems that the signal strength the bedroom Deco obtained from the main Deco is good enough, or it does not reach the threshold value, therefore it does not trigger the roam between different APs. In the meantime to minimize the routing hops, it switches to the main Deco again. 

We are working on it now and try to improve the whole mechanism. As a workaround, you can move the bedroom Deco further away from the main one. 

Thanks for your kindly understanding and support in advance. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Signal source
2020-02-22 11:22:41
Hello Kevin, Thank you very much for your clear answer ! I'll wait for this firmware update :) Have a nice day,
Options
2020-02-24 01:26:13

@HelloRabbit 

You are very welcome; it is glad to help you. 

If need more help in the future, be free to contact us. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-08-01 07:31:39

Hello @Kevin_Z 

I need your help again, because today I am experiencing loss of connection on my most distant satellite (bedroom) because it refuses to connect to the intermediate satellite (corridor).  it remains connected to the main Deco (Living room), but the signal is not sufficient .. I do not understand ..

Thank you for your help, best regards :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1617

Replies: 4

Related Articles