HS110 not powering on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS110 not powering on

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
HS110 not powering on
HS110 not powering on
2020-02-17 14:08:44 - last edited 2020-02-19 09:03:07
Model: HS110  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

I was using the HS110 plug for about 18 months until the end of last year when it randomly started rebooting itself once per day on average (I thought i was having frequent power outages which was not the case, i managed to be near it when it restarted and heard the "clicking" sound). I unplugged it from the wall socket and forgot about it until recently.

I can't seem to power it on or reset it anymore (Holding the "settings" button for an indefinite amount of time does nothing, changing the wall socket does nothing etc.). The power button doesn't do anything as well. The Wi-Fi indicator is solid red.

Anything I can do or is the device bricked?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:HS110 not powering on-Solution
2020-02-19 09:02:58 - last edited 2020-02-19 09:03:07

@Amadeaus 

What about the power led? Is it off? 

Try to turn it on/off with the power button on HS110 itself and verify whether it works. 

And hold the settings for 10s. 

If it is still the same, the smart plug might be faulty; you can contact the retailer or the local tech support to get a replacement if qualified. Note: You can provide the model number, hardware version, serial number and invoice if you contact the local tech support. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Suppor

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:HS110 not powering on-Solution
2020-02-19 09:02:58 - last edited 2020-02-19 09:03:07

@Amadeaus 

What about the power led? Is it off? 

Try to turn it on/off with the power button on HS110 itself and verify whether it works. 

And hold the settings for 10s. 

If it is still the same, the smart plug might be faulty; you can contact the retailer or the local tech support to get a replacement if qualified. Note: You can provide the model number, hardware version, serial number and invoice if you contact the local tech support. 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/contact-technical-support/#E-mail-Suppor

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:HS110 not powering on
2020-02-19 15:22:48

@Kevin_Z 

Ye the power LED is off (physical button doesn't turn the device on). Seems like the device is bricked. I don't think I have the invoice anymore either way but I'll take a look when I can.

Thanks for the help.

Options
Re:HS110 not powering on
2020-02-20 06:51:57

@Amadeaus 

You are welcome. Glad to help you.

If need more help, be free to let us know. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1071

Replies: 3