Brand new Archer VR500 doesn't work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-19 04:19:22 - last edited 2020-03-12 06:50:13
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: Can't access modem to retrieve information

Can anyone explain why a brand new Archer VR500 intermittently allows my tablet to connect but not my Desktop computer or phone? When I can get into the modem & I attempt to change incorrect settings I get an error code 9003. And around the same problems go! I can't get onto technical support as the phone lines are always directing me back to the website. Very poor services provided by TP Link! I run a photography business & can't lose anymore time with poorly made equipment, so I await some sort of reply eagerly!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Brand new Archer VR500 doesn't work-Solution
2020-02-19 06:58:59 - last edited 2020-03-12 06:50:13

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for replying so quickly! I actually got the problem sorted from a TpLink Australia number. The 1300 customer support number is based in Asia, where I made 24 calls with no answer.... very unreliable! So, the setting format had changed & I had to delete the ETH internet - Wan interface name setting & re-enter the details. Reboot both PC & modem...... finally working after 6hrs of troubleshooting! How frustrating!

But thanks for your time and energy!

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Brand new Archer VR500 doesn't work
2020-02-19 06:05:08

@Clouise 

So you can log into the web UI of Archer VR500 with your tablet only, but no desktop or phone? Please ensure that only one device can access the web UI at one time. 

What kind of settings you have changed? Please show us a screenshot of the error message; if it is gone so fast, you can shot a short video of this issue and send it to us. 

And what about the network connection stability? 

Options
Re:Brand new Archer VR500 doesn't work-Solution
2020-02-19 06:58:59 - last edited 2020-03-12 06:50:13

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for replying so quickly! I actually got the problem sorted from a TpLink Australia number. The 1300 customer support number is based in Asia, where I made 24 calls with no answer.... very unreliable! So, the setting format had changed & I had to delete the ETH internet - Wan interface name setting & re-enter the details. Reboot both PC & modem...... finally working after 6hrs of troubleshooting! How frustrating!

But thanks for your time and energy!

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 441

Replies: 2

Related Articles