Deco M4 - speed capped at 100Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 - speed capped at 100Mbps

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
56 Reply
Re:Deco M4 - speed capped at 100Mbps
2022-01-06 09:32:39

In my case the problem was the ethernet cable. All cables where CAT5e.

My setup is like this:

2 Deco M4, first working as the main router, and another one as slave (Mode: Wireless Router)

Tried all the settings for QoS, limit to 1000mbs but didn't work.

I contact support and they told me to try to check to Status of the connection to see what speed it showed. 

Connected to second Deco by ethernet it showd 100 Mbps. Connected directly by ethernet to main Deco it Showed 1 Gbps. 

By replacing the cable that was from the second Deco to my PC/laptop i resolved the problem. It seems that the cable wasn't made properly for the RJ-45, if i'm not mistaken, and the color of the wires didn't match at the end (cable from deco 2 to pc didn't match the cable from main deco to deco 2). If the cables are not wirred properly the device will not send the data correctly and that's why it's capped at 100Mbps. I don't remember exactly the explanation. The initial cable was bought as it is, i didn't do anything to it.

Hope it helps.

Options
2022-02-18 16:43:26 - last edited 2022-02-22 17:23:48

Hello, 

I just bought a Deco M4 and no matter what i do is capped at 100 Mbps. 

I'm using a Master and a slave , the master is directly connected to the internet. I switched them around without success. I use a cat5e cable between the master and the slave. 

Strangely i managed to get around 500 Mbps on a speed test on wifi when i switched the cables around. 

PS : Just right now i disconnected the slave, rebooted the Master and now i get around 500 Mbps download and 436 Mbps upload on my laptop. I will try to change the cable between master and slave tommorow and see how that goes. 

LE : I changed the cable to a brand new cat6, i dissconected the slave, rebooted the master. Without the slave i get around 450 Mbps download/upload, i connected the slave i got capped to 100 Mbps. 

Thanks

Options
Re:Deco M4 - speed capped at 100Mbps-Solution
2022-02-21 05:54:20 - last edited 2022-02-21 05:54:26

@George.Bran 

Thank you very much for the feedback.

We are trying to collect more similar cases and complete the troubleshooting steps.

It is only suggested to have a look at this link and comment below:

Deco LAN speed is capped to 100m/s

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-02-22 17:45:43

@TP-Link 

Any more ideas? The qos doesn't work. I have found that if i disconnect the slave, the master gets gigabit connection. I connected the slave and in 10 minutes both master and slave got capped. 

I think i'll return the product since i can't get it to work at Gigabit connection. 

Best regards, 

George

Options
2022-02-23 08:05:49

@George.Bran 

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

If possible, I hope you could wait for a while and let the engineers help us run a further check.

Please check whether you are able to get an email from us.

By the way, if leaving satellite M4 wireless connected to the main Deco M4, will both main and satellite units be capped to 100m/s?

And when both units are under 100m/s, if not disconnecting satellite unit, only rebooting the main Deco M4, would the speed back to normal?

Options
2022-02-23 09:34:15

@TP-Link 

Hello, 

Thank you for the reply and the ticket ( i received the email from you ). 

For the first question the answer is yes , they were both capped at 100 mbps. 

For the second question : I tried disconnecting the slave and rebooting the master. I got gigabit connection. This morning i gave it one more try, but this time i have rebooted both from the web app. For two hours the connection is gigabit for both master and slave ( they are still connected with the cable ). 

I'll get back to you with an update later on how they are performing. 

Best regards, 

George

Options
2022-02-23 14:11:53

@George.Bran 

The issue is still present, for no reason the connection is capped at 100 Mbps. 

Best regards, 

George

Options
2022-02-24 07:52:23

@George.Bran 

Thank you very much for the update.

Your case has been forwarded to the engineers and please check the email for further assistance.

Options
2022-03-11 00:39:32

@PavanKumar I'm having the same problem,  speed at the first M4 in my mesh is capped at 100Mbs.  All 3 M4s are set up as access points only so I don't have Qos on my phone app.   Do I need to reinstall the mesh network so I can turn off during installation?  If not how do I do I disable Qos?  Thanks.  Driving me crazy!

Options
2022-03-11 08:43:06

@mudbonemac 

Thank you for the feedback and there is no need to reset it.

The Qos has been disabled already under access point mode.

Can I have a picture of your network layout from the ISP router to satellite M4 units?

Is the main M4 the only device that connects to the ISP router? would other devices from the main router be able to get more than 100m/s?

Please connect the main M4 to another port from the main router and change a new cable if possible.

Options
Related Articles