problem in DSL rates vr300

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-15 07:43:04 - last edited 2020-12-02 10:16:03
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 0.8.0 v007b.1 Build 180905 Rel.55344n

Dear sir/madam,

I'm contacting you regarding a problem in my archer vr300 and the router DSL-downstream both min and max 
 I'm currently having a 50 mega VDSL line and the max downstream keeps going up and down between 37079 and 37224 and sometimes it reaches 36580

and I'm having internet stability issues because my min rate keeps changing as same as the max downstream and I can't get full of my VDSL speed 

I tried every configuration in the setup and I can't seem to solve this issue is it related to firmware problem?

or is there anything else I can do.

I hope to hear from you soon

Best regards,
Thabet

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:problem in DSL rates vr300-Solution
2020-11-29 06:31:37 - last edited 2020-12-02 10:16:03

@thabet 

Hello,

i had similiar issue with unstable internet speed for past month or two. I had to restart router few times a day to have full speed internet. I have tried a lot of configuration changes and called my ISP many times but no solution. Tether said my firmware is up2date. I was hopeless and as last try to solve this problem i have checked firmware page. On my big surprise there was a new firmware for download. Even Tether app told me current firmware from 2018-09-28 is up to date there is new firmware from 2020-03-09 available. I have updated firmware few days ago and my internet speed seems stable so far.

Here is the link where you can find new firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/cz/support/download/archer-vr300/v1/#Firmware

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202003/20200309/Archer%20VR300(EU)_V1_200227.zip

I blame TP-Link for all my troubles because Tether did not offer firmware upgrade even it's available since 03/2020. They should compensate me for all my troubles. As you can see here they did not solve your issue. Probably they don't know about new firmware like their app Tether.

Regards

mclane

Recommended Solution
Options
7 Reply
Re:problem in DSL rates vr300
2020-03-16 05:59:54

@thabet 

Hello,

Have you ever tested the download speed of the modem on your computer?

Regarding the internet stability issue, what's the light status on the modem when you lost the internet? Does the DSL light steady? How often the issue happens? Can you login to the modem's management page? If you can, please log in and send us the whole screenshot of Advance--Status page.

BTW, you can try to factory reset the modem and reinstall it.

Options
2020-03-17 10:00:34 - last edited 2020-03-17 10:01:15

@Stella.Q 

Have you ever tested the download speed of the modem on your computer?
yes and it gives me 2-3 megabits per second keep going up and down

Regarding the internet stability issue, what's the light status on the modem when you lost the internet?
blue

Does the DSL light steady?
yes steady

How often the issue happens?

sometimes when max downstream change

Can you login to the modem's management page?
yes

If you can, please log in and send us the whole screenshot of Advance--Status page.

BTW, you can try to factory reset the modem and reinstall it.

already tried the same result

the ISP  and the VDSL providers told me the problem with my router cause my speed is supposed to be 50 mega and I'm only getting what max downstream gives me

Options
2020-03-18 05:50:52

@thabet 

2Mbps is the wireless speed or the wired speed? If it is the wireless speed, you can try to optimize the wireless settings, such as change the channel and channel width. Then check the speed again and send us the speed test page. Besides, please also refer to the instruction below to check the negotiation speed and send us the screenshot.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Who is your ISP? What's the bandwidth download and upload you paid? Do you have another modem to test the speed and stability?

Please make sure the telephone line is connecting to the router directly, take away the splitter. When did you buy the router and when did the issue happen?

For the stability issue, you can go to Advanced--Network, click on Advanced and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.

Options
2020-03-18 09:10:48

@Stella.Q 

2Mbps is the wireless speed or the wired speed? If it is the wireless speed, you can try to optimize the wireless settings, such as change the channel and channel width. Then check the speed again and send us the speed test page. Besides, please also refer to the instruction below to check the negotiation speed and send us the screenshot.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

its not wired or wireless speed its the speed i get when i try to download a file from the internet although my wired speed is :

Who is your ISP?

here is my isp website : https://furrera.ps/

What's the bandwidth download and upload you paid?

download : 50 mega

upload : 3 mega 

Do you have another modem to test the speed and stability?

yes and it work fine but the tplink isn't

Please make sure the telephone line is connecting to the router directly, take away the splitter.

im using the telephone line directly i don't have any splitter or phone

When did you buy the router and when did the issue happen?

i can't remember exactly but i bought it i think 3-4 months ago

For the stability issue, you can go to Advanced--Network, click on Advanced and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4.
i already have that dns same result

ps: when my download speed was 30 mega and upload speed was 3 mega i didn't have any problem but when i increased my download speed from both isp and telephone company the problem started

Options
2020-03-19 09:19:21

@thabet 

Thanks for the reply. 

Please connect your computer to the router with a cable, then go to https://www.speedtest.net/ and test the speed, test for 3 times and send us the screenshot.

If it is possible, test with different cables or computers. 

Besides, please also test the wireless speed, send us the speed test page and negotiation speed page. 

Note: Just connect one device to the router when test the speed.

Options
Re:problem in DSL rates vr300-Solution
2020-11-29 06:31:37 - last edited 2020-12-02 10:16:03

@thabet 

Hello,

i had similiar issue with unstable internet speed for past month or two. I had to restart router few times a day to have full speed internet. I have tried a lot of configuration changes and called my ISP many times but no solution. Tether said my firmware is up2date. I was hopeless and as last try to solve this problem i have checked firmware page. On my big surprise there was a new firmware for download. Even Tether app told me current firmware from 2018-09-28 is up to date there is new firmware from 2020-03-09 available. I have updated firmware few days ago and my internet speed seems stable so far.

Here is the link where you can find new firmware:

https://www.tp-link.com/cz/support/download/archer-vr300/v1/#Firmware

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202003/20200309/Archer%20VR300(EU)_V1_200227.zip

I blame TP-Link for all my troubles because Tether did not offer firmware upgrade even it's available since 03/2020. They should compensate me for all my troubles. As you can see here they did not solve your issue. Probably they don't know about new firmware like their app Tether.

Regards

mclane

Recommended Solution
Options
2020-12-02 10:16:46

@mclane 

Thank you for sharing the valued experience with the community, this may help others who encounter the similer issue.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2715

Replies: 7

Related Articles