Query on Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Query on Deco E4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Query on Deco E4
Query on Deco E4
2020-03-17 14:13:53 - last edited 2020-03-19 04:04:45
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have a 100 Mbps connection at my home on the 1st floor of a building. I have a home office in the basement of the same building. I wish to share the home internet with my home office. If I put a master Deco E4 in my home & the slave Deco in the basement, will I be able to share the connection? I don't have the option of running a ethernet cable from 1st floor to the basement.

Thanks

Himanshu

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Query on Deco E4-Solution
2020-03-18 01:21:28 - last edited 2020-03-19 04:04:45

@Himanshu_IN 

First, the Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless ( some of them support PLC backhaul as well); while we cannot guarantee that whether the slave Deco in the basement will boost the signal of the main Deco in the first floor cause it depends on the actual distance, obstacles and interferences. 

Generally speaking, if you can detect the signal from the main Deco in the basement with your wireless device, then the slave Deco will work. You can order a Deco product to give it a go. 

And if the first floor and the basement are running under the same power circuit, powerline adapters with wifi function is a good choice as well to boost wifi signal. Like TL-WPA7510KIT, TL-WPA8630KIT.

Note: The powerline adapter is just a pure network expansion device, if you do not have a router existed, you need a router also. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Query on Deco E4-Solution
2020-03-18 01:21:28 - last edited 2020-03-19 04:04:45

@Himanshu_IN 

First, the Deco units can connect to each other by wired cable or wireless ( some of them support PLC backhaul as well); while we cannot guarantee that whether the slave Deco in the basement will boost the signal of the main Deco in the first floor cause it depends on the actual distance, obstacles and interferences. 

Generally speaking, if you can detect the signal from the main Deco in the basement with your wireless device, then the slave Deco will work. You can order a Deco product to give it a go. 

And if the first floor and the basement are running under the same power circuit, powerline adapters with wifi function is a good choice as well to boost wifi signal. Like TL-WPA7510KIT, TL-WPA8630KIT.

Note: The powerline adapter is just a pure network expansion device, if you do not have a router existed, you need a router also. 

Good day. 

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Query on Deco E4
2020-03-24 12:10:30

@Kevin_Z 

So I have tried the above set up with Deco E4 & it didn't work. I tried setting up the slave Deco E4 at multiple spots across the basement. There was a very weak signal at a couple of spots & the slave Deco got connected. However the mesh network was very unstable & got disconnected very often, making it unusable.

Do you think it could work if I use Deco M5 as my master node? I have read that M5 has a greater signal reach than M4/E4

Options
2020-04-02 13:33:32

@kevin_z please can you reply to my question. Thanks

Options
2020-07-16 02:49:06

@Himanshu_IN 

Hello, sorry to respond late.

As per your description, the wireless signal in the basement is very weak, which is the main reason why the satellite Deco got disconnected frequently, we don't think Deco M5 will improve the current situation.

It is suggested to relocate the satellite Deco M4 and try to find better Wi-Fi coverage, however, if this doesn't help either, the Deco M4 may not be suitable for your needs.

You may check if the powerline extension devices will match your requirements.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1091

Replies: 4

Related Articles