Replacement antennas for Archer VR200?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-18 03:56:15 - last edited 2020-03-18 06:55:46
Model: Archer VR300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello,

My child pulled the router and one of the antennas broke. I don't find any spec/info on those antennas, so can anybody help me to know:

- which type of antenna I should buy (reasonable cost, if I can get an improvement in performance I'm not against it either :-) )

- where I can buy it (looks like TP link does not sell parts)

- confirm that it's better I replace all of them for max performance (that is my assumption)

My router version is Archer VR200 (not in the questionnaire's inventory any more apparently). It's a AC750 router.

Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Replacement antennas for Archer VR200?
2020-03-18 06:55:36 - last edited 2020-03-18 06:55:46

@GrossePoupoule 

Hello, there are three external detachable dual-band antennas, the interface type is RP-SMA-Female. 

Antenna Type 3 external detachable dual band antennas (RP-SMA)
Antenna Gain 3 x 2dBi for 2.4GHz and 1x 3dBi for 5GHz

May I know which one is broken? Can you feel any signal strength reduction or 2.4GHz or 5GHz? 

We do not have antenna available, you can search online and get one which suits the specification of the current antenna. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Replacement antennas for Archer VR200?
2020-03-19 09:15:33

Hi @Kevin_Z  and thank you very much for your quick reply :-)

The middle antenna is broken. Overall I felt a loss in signal strength on my devices, so typically 5GHz was much less stable. I found an old one but shorter and thinner (so I guess single 2.4GHz antenna only) and it wasn't working as well.

I will buy equivalent antennas online then.

Thanks!!!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 2

Related Articles