Deco M5 Port Forwarding - NOT WORKING

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-20 06:07:51 - last edited 2020-03-20 06:21:03
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.2

I have scoured the most resources I can find, and have come up empty.

I am trying to set up a server for some online gaming (Assetto Corsa) and i'm needed to open ports TCP 9600, UDP 9600 and HTTP 8081.

I have tried everything to get this to work through the app and have all the forwarding info setup correctly, but when I use a port checker to see if they're open, they come up closed.

I currently have my Deco M5 hooked up to my Bell Home Hub 2000 (with wifi disabled).

I have

I've tried to set the port forwarding on the same ports on the Home Hub as well and it doesnt seem to be working. I've been at this for 2 days, I need some help!!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Port Forwarding - NOT WORKING
2020-03-20 09:45:24

@vsMARTINO 

The current internet IP address of the Deco M5 is a private one, to make port forwarding work, a public IP address is needed. 

Cause the Deco M5 is connected to the Bell home hub, you need open these ports on the hub for Deco M5. 

Or you can change the hub from router mode to bridge mode and use the Deco as the main router to give it a go.

Best regards. 

Options
2020-03-20 14:12:05

@Kevin_Z 

I've opened the ports on the home hub (last photo).

The home hub has no bridge feature, it's an older model. Came across that answer while searching for a solution last night.

How do I make a public IP?

Options
2020-03-23 01:31:09

@vsMARTINO 

You do not have to open the ports for the server on the main router cause you have done that on Deco M5 already. To make the server work, the internet IP address should be a public one.

The internet IP address is assigned by ISP, you can give them a call. 

Good day.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2723

Replies: 3

Related Articles