Windows 10 HP laptop has stopped getting an Internet connection but the connection request completes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Windows 10 HP laptop has stopped getting an Internet connection but the connection request completes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-25 16:30:14
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.0

Our network has been up for a month with all three decos online and everything working well. We have a computer that will not connect as of this morning. It is a Win 10 HP laptop. When you try to reconnect it has the normal messages and it completes the network connection steps without any error messages but it has "no internet" listed on the connection. Its an odd state because if there is no Internet then what is it connected to? Has anyone seen this before? All other devices - about 30 of them - are connecting and working fine. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Windows 10 HP laptop has stopped getting an Internet connection but the connection request completes
2020-03-26 02:37:26

@Mamie 

Hi, with this Windows 10 HP laptop connected to the Deco's wifi, please click here to verify whether it obtains valid IP address and gateway from Deco. 

And please ensure that you have not added this device into blacklist or parental control settings. 

You can try to ping the gateway of Deco which is 192.168.68.1 by default and show me the results. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Windows 10 HP laptop has stopped getting an Internet connection but the connection request completes
2020-03-26 11:54:01

@Kevin_Z  thank you, we went to try your suggestions and now the computer is connecting through to the network. Yesterday it was saying it was connected to the network but not to the internet. How do I remove parental controls? I wasn't sure how to configure this during setup so I put adult for the highest level of access and I did it by user. How do I remove users from that list or do I need to? No one is blacklisted.

Options
2020-03-27 02:39:05

@Mamie 

You can open Deco app and go to the Parental Control page and you will see the profile you have created. You can swipe it to the left to delete it or hold it for a few seconds to reset. (It varies due to the OS of cellphone).

Below is the instruction to set it up: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1598/

And right now, with your computer connected to the Deco, can you access internet? If it is still the same, try to reboot the computer or update the driver of the network adapter. 

Good day. 

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 3

Related Articles