M5 Deco not asigning wirde IP addresses (wi-fi OK)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 10:31:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.3.1

I have 4 M5 decos , all setup in router mode and they're cabled through wired connections in my house. The main deco is connected to a Virgin Media Hub. I have a network switch conencted to my main deco through which all wired devices and sockets in the house connect.

Today I decided to change the switch to one with more ports. While the fi-fi connection to the main deco still works fine, any device with a cabled connection is active on teh netowrk, but is not abel to access the internet - see the screenshot from my mac.

I haven't changed anything else on my network at all and I have even re-instated the orignal network swtich and rebooted everything etc. but the problem persists.

I have a lot of wirde devices and this is causing me a headache. Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:M5 Deco not asigning wirde IP addresses (wi-fi OK)
2020-03-31 01:08:44

@Simbakirk 

Try to unplug the switch and connect your computer to the main Deco by wired cable directly and check whether you can access internet, And please click here to get the IP address and gateway. 

What is the model number of the switch? 

Please verify whether there is an IP conflict between the main Deco and switch. 

You can also change a slave Deco as the main Deco to give it a shot. https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2400/

Good day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 760

Replies: 1