TP Link RE200 Connection Issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-29 15:36:41
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20191104 Rel. 69112

I recently bought a TP Link RE200. The first Setup worked fine, for a short time everything was perfect. Now 2 days later my IPhone 7 and my Ipad Pro 10,5 with IOS 13 sometimes have the issue, that they can connect to the range extender, but say "no internet connection". I tried to relocate the Extender, turned 2,4 and 5 GHz both seperate off and on, set up a withelist and tried different Phones and Laptops and also seperated the both frequencies. Nothing helepd. It seems, that only my apple products have these problems. Is there any experience with this or maybe a trick to solve this? The repeater has good connection the my router and always shows my phone and Ipad in the devices menu, during they try to connect.

Thanks! Greetings from Germany! 

Options
6 Reply
Re:TP Link RE200 Connection Issue
2020-03-31 05:39:12

@Binderli 

Can other wireless devices access internet from RE200 except the Apple devices, right? 

With iPhone or iPad connected to the RE200's WIFI, please check its IP address and gateway. Try to ping the gateway of the main router and show us the results. 

Meanwhile, can Apple devices access internet from the main router directly?

Please tell us the current hardware and firmware version of the RE200 and show us the model number of main router. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-02 14:45:46

@Kevin_Z 

For some reason it worked for about two days now. But today the same problem occured.  I'm not the best in software.. maybe you can explain, how to do the ping test to my router?

I posted some pictures. The IP is set manually at the moment, but I tried automatic of course too. It says, that my phone is connected, also in the settings of my Iphone, but there is no internet connection I can use. It means that there is no WIFI sign in the top corner of my phone and I cannot get any internet connection. Does this explanation make sense? 

It also keeps spamming "sent a detection for DHCP". (picture 2)

I also tried the Theter App. The position of the router is perfect.

Thanks for your help!!

Options
2020-04-03 07:47:56

@Binderli 

I forgot to mention, that I have a Speedport Smart, which was given to us by the German Telekom! And the Repeater is a RE200, which I purchased 3 Weeks ago. 

Options
2020-08-18 19:25:06

@Binderli The same happens to me, the repeater stops giving access to internet after 2 or 3 days. I found several other people stating the same with no response from TpLink

Options
2020-08-20 07:45:21

@Sergioms I really feel you... unfortunately the community had no real solution and the tp link support didn't help either. It's seems they know about the problem but basically just ignore it. The only solution for me was returning it and buying one from another brand. 
Have a nice day!

Options
2021-05-08 16:50:58
Niemoge się policzyć z TP link RE200
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3157

Replies: 6

Related Articles