Can´t delete the initial open access network Deco created at setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-01 00:58:56 - last edited 2020-09-21 06:48:13

Hi, I have just setup my Deco AC1200 at home. Unfortunately the setup network named DECO that was created by Deco (which is open and has no password) remains available in the list of available networks to any device in my home area. I would like to know how I can eliminate it and just keep the secure one I created when setup was completed. I can´t find anything. Can anyone please help? Thanks a million.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can´t delete the initial open access network Deco created at setup-Solution
2020-09-21 06:48:09 - last edited 2020-09-21 06:48:13

@MyWifi01  @luz80 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

Generally, before the successful configuration, the Deco device will broadcast a default unsecured wireless network, which allows you to connect and configure. However, this default network will disappear once you configure your Deco device successfully via the Deco app.

Just to confirm, are all your Deco AC1200 working fine with a solid green LED? If yes, try to power cycle all of them and confirm again. If one or two nodes are not showing a solid green LED, which means it is not connected to the Deco system successfully, you need to reset it and reconfigure it from scratch.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Can´t delete the initial open access network Deco created at setup
2020-04-01 01:30:07

@luz80 

What is the model number of the Deco AC1200? 

You can open Deco app and go to the more-wifi settings page to change the wireless password. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-01 01:56:18

@Kevin_Z thank you for your response. Just to clarify, when I did the setup I already created my own network name with password (which is the one that shows up on the Deco app), but the initial one that Deco created is still in the list of available neighborhood networks as an additional network. That "DECO 5698" non secure  network from the receiving unit is showing up as a network you can connect to if you are around, but not in the deco app. 

Options
2020-09-21 04:15:41

@luz80 

Have you resolved this issue? I seem to be having the same problem

Options
Re:Can´t delete the initial open access network Deco created at setup-Solution
2020-09-21 06:48:09 - last edited 2020-09-21 06:48:13

@MyWifi01  @luz80 

Hello all, sorry to respond late.

Generally, before the successful configuration, the Deco device will broadcast a default unsecured wireless network, which allows you to connect and configure. However, this default network will disappear once you configure your Deco device successfully via the Deco app.

Just to confirm, are all your Deco AC1200 working fine with a solid green LED? If yes, try to power cycle all of them and confirm again. If one or two nodes are not showing a solid green LED, which means it is not connected to the Deco system successfully, you need to reset it and reconfigure it from scratch.

May this help.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 3176

Replies: 4