Unit is working connected WiFi and hardwire to iMac but cannot recognise server

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-05 15:28:24 - last edited 2020-04-07 05:52:00
Model: TD-W9970  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Unit is working connected WiFi and hardwire to iMac but cannot recognise server so the urls will not load. Also my iPhone X connect thru WiFi for around 29 seconds then it drops the connection. 

ive setup unit with setup instructions and as I say everything seems to be working. Can it be the VPN

Thanks Steve 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unit is working connected WiFi and hardwire to iMac but cannot recognise server
2020-04-07 05:51:22 - last edited 2020-04-07 05:52:00

@Stevio 

Hi Steve, what do you mean by saying unit and server? Could you please provide more details regarding to the first issue? 

As for the disconnection issue, have you ever setup VPN connection on the TD-W9970? What about other wireless devices and wired connections? Do they work well when iPhone X disconnects from this router?

You can change the wireless settings to improve its performance, including wireless channel and channel width. 

Good day. 

Options
Re:Unit is working connected WiFi and hardwire to iMac but cannot recognise server
2020-04-07 11:03:28

@Stevio hi Kev. Everything was working on the router it was showing a signal on my phone computer etc. But when I tried to connect to the internet it said can not connect to the server.  I ran a diagnostic and where it says something about the isp. It said fail. 

so I contacted my isp. And my username needed to have @john-Lewis.com after it. Sorted! 
thanks 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 486

Replies: 2