WA850RE does not connect the printer reliably

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-08 17:32:26
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.15.8 Build 150127 Rel.39463n

Hi,

I have a Kyocera FS1020D printer with a LAN card. Since the router (Fritzbox 6490 cable router) is too far off I bought the above mentioned adapter and connected it to my WIFI Network and to the printer. The printer has a fixed IP. I do not see a way to change that.

As I do not print very often I attached both to a remote controlled socket and turn the printer and the repeater off when not needed. The problem is that not always but very often the network does not find the printer after turning on. Sometimes it does and when I play around with the settings of the repeater (can reach that always) it works but it is definitely very annoying ...

Any advice on how to improve the situation?

regards

Options
3 Reply
Re:WA850RE does not connect the printer reliably
2020-04-09 08:25:24

@daniu 

Hi, what is the led status of the TL-WA850RE? 

How far away between the main router and TL-WA850RE? Next to the extender, can you get a good and stable wifi signal from the main router? 

You can move it closer to the main router. And please ensure that the firmware is up to date. 

The fixed IP can be changed to dynamic IP theoretically, you can contact the tech support of the printer to get the instruction on how to do it. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-09-04 18:27:12

Hi

after some time now I still got trouble getting a connection reliably.

Answering your points:

-a wifi connection is easy to establish next to the repeater with any device I have. There is a wall between the repeater and the router but the total distance is not more than 12m

-I cannot move the repeater closer - if that would be possible I would probably use a cable

-I am pretty sure that the fixed IP cannot be changed at my rather old (and by the way very reliable Kyocera FS1020D with Lan-card) and I am pretty sure that the tech support of kyocera will not help me with this old printer

Maybe it helps to know that I can reach the routers setup always - so wifi is definitely not the topic

regards

Options
2020-09-11 10:33:27

@daniu 

Good day.

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

I am not sure if the following suggestion would help and you could have a try

1. Try to reserve the static IP address on the main router for the printer is possible;
  2. If the remote control socket is something like a smart plug, maybe you could connect the 850RE to the smart plug;

turn on/ off the 850RE when the printer is not needed.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 764

Replies: 3