Access Point does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-10 23:53:22
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

Just to let you know that the RE200 is not working as Access Point

I tried everything, it simply does not work, it crashes the Internet connection.

I rebooted several times, updated the firmware and nothing

I have the Ethernet port connected to the output Ethernet port of my router and it does not work

I obviously changed the opration mode to Access Point

I will return the product back to the seller

Options
3 Reply
Re:Access Point does not work
2020-04-22 12:11:36

@jfolpf You may have RE200 in your side. I would like to help you.

Please help to confirm the following information then I can provide further help.

1, Please provide a screenshot of the status of RE200 in AP mode.

2. What's the IP and gateway when your phone connect to RE200 and your router respectively?

Options
2021-10-12 22:37:15

@Kevin_Z 

I have the same problem, my RE200 does not work on AP mode. It does not connect to internet. I have an older TPLink WA850RE and that one work perfectly on AP mode from same Ethernet source.

Options
2021-10-20 02:42:10

@Chidi May I know the hardware version of your RE200,  for model RE200, only V2 and above supports AP mode.

The Ethernet port on some older version range extenders could only work as an output port, not input port. 

Here is a related FAQ to use AP mode of range extender,  you could find some applicable models listed there: 

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1401/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1354

Replies: 3

Related Articles