Tether suddenly stops and will only work with a cloud account

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-12 15:04:26 - last edited 2020-08-07 03:03:16
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20170731 Rel. 74060(US)

The Tether on my cell recently stopped working and began to ask about a user name and password.  

The app indicates that there is now a cloud element.   My router is not cloud compatible (Archer C5400 V1).   I have always been told to NOT trust the cloud.   I have no remote use for the router.   But I did likeTether.   I want to use Tether.

Now it only seems to work with a cloud account.  

What am I doing wrong?  

Since the router is not cloud compatible, I cannot disable the cloud - cloud option doesn't exist on this router.

Is this normal for Tether to stop working?

Is it normal for Tether to insist on a cloud account?

Am I being phished?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tether suddenly stops and will only work with a cloud account-Solution
2020-08-07 03:01:07 - last edited 2020-08-07 03:03:16

@Drip 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

Recently, there are some updates about the Tether app and it requires a cloud ID to use the APP.

But sometimes the device itself,like Archer C5400 V1 does not support the cloud.

In other words, the cloud email account is just used to log into the APP and the router itself did not bind to any cloud service.

You could still only manage the router from the local connection.

Thank you.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether suddenly stops and will only work with a cloud account-Solution
2020-08-07 03:01:07 - last edited 2020-08-07 03:03:16

@Drip 

Good day.

Thank you for your patience.

Recently, there are some updates about the Tether app and it requires a cloud ID to use the APP.

But sometimes the device itself,like Archer C5400 V1 does not support the cloud.

In other words, the cloud email account is just used to log into the APP and the router itself did not bind to any cloud service.

You could still only manage the router from the local connection.

Thank you.

Share Your Pet Story. Win Free Tapo Care!Smart Action 2.0 Explore and meet the next level home automation.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 752

Replies: 1