AX20 - Frequent disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AX20 - Frequent disconnect from internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
17 Reply
Re:AX20 - Frequent disconnect from internet
2021-10-09 14:14:56

@Electroman121i have  Same problem please Help me bro .. how fix the problem 

Options
2021-10-10 01:48:38 - last edited 2021-10-10 01:49:52

@RAJA193 

First check and see what are your wireless settings. Are you using WPA / WPA2 Personal for the security and WPA2-PSK only for the version? Do NOT choose WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK for the security as WPA-PSK is the older type.

Also, make sure you are using AES for the encryption. If per the above your security is set to WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK you may have also selected TKIP for the encryption (again older).. DO NOT USE TKIP.

This is where my problem was and even though the older protocols SHOULD WORK they DO NOT WORK in this router. I have an open ticket with them / Engineering on this but they need to consult with the chip manufacturer to get assistance to fix this problem unfortunately. Very sad considering my older router (Archer 3200) worked flawless with those same settings.

In my case...this is definitely a bug with the chipset / firmware that needs to get fixed and I suspect it may be lengthy. unfortunately as I have some older devices that use the older encryption they can no longer be used with this router so I am forced to use a workaround and have my old router running still just so i can connect my old devices.

Not impressed at all considering the many reports of WiFi issues with this router. I used to trust TP-Link and we have sold many of their routers over the years but I can't say we will be doing that much longer.

Good luck with your router and hopefully the above info re settings helps.

Options
2021-10-11 17:39:50

@jmayank23 

Please Tell me ,tp link team fix your problem ?  If yes 

Please tell me i have this problem 

Options
2021-10-11 17:43:43
I have this same issue please tell me how fix the problem
Options
2021-10-13 09:18:02

@RAJA193 

Have you tried Electroman121's suggestion? He solved the issue by changing the wireless security to WPA2-PSK AES, you can do that if you experience the same as him.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-01-17 03:10:36

@Kevin_Z 

I am not using the smart connect but Still I am experiencing the same problem. Help pls.

Options
2022-01-17 03:50:45

@BoyPansitan 

Do you mean the 2.4GHz wireless connection is not stable, but the wired and 5GHz connections are working fine? If that is the case, can you please confirm how many wireless devices connect to the 2.4GHz network? What are they?

When the 2.4GHz stops working, are the devices connected to it obtaining the correct IP address from the router, what are they? Try to modify the wireless settings on the router, such as wireless channel, channel width, and security, you can check the guide below:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/722/

Note: please check and see what are your wireless settings, be sure you are using WPA / WPA2 Personal for the security and WPA2-PSK only for the version, AES for the encryption.

Does the issue happen when you first purchased it, or does it occurs recently? You can also try to reset the router to factory defaults then reconfigure it from scratch, then confirm again if the issue persists.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Related Articles