TP-LINK AX11000 -> How many clients can stay reliably connected to this router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-15 04:29:37
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I just bought the TP-LINK AX11000 router and the setup and configuration was straight forward and switch over from my old ASUS router.  The wifi coverage is really good.  5Ghz bands excel very well compare to my other routers and APs (including Ubiquiti's AP uit). I will be bringing in more IOTS devices into my house soon. The question I have is: How many devices can reliably connect to this router?  Currently, I have over 27 devices connected at all time and have no issue so far.  I am looking at adding 20 more soon. 

Has anyone have over 50 connected clients or more on this device currently?   

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP-LINK AX11000 -> How many clients can stay reliably connected to this router?
2020-12-04 09:37:03

@VM-Serverguy I have connected 41 and it switches between devices, every 2 to 3 hours the tv stops streaming hulu or disney. Google home disconnect and reconnect as well all day long!

It is a great gaming router.

Options
Re:TP-LINK AX11000 -> How many clients can stay reliably connected to this router?
2020-12-07 09:39:01

@VM-Serverguy 

Hello, most of the IoT devices are connected to the 2.4G, right? 20 more should be OK, as tested in our lab, it is allowed to connect as many as 64 to the 2.4G.

Options
2020-12-08 07:42:33

@Cparios Do you think your disconnects have something to do with the end device itself?  I have my laptop that is VPN connected for 8 hours straight every days (and occasionally, it will get dropped).  My Apple TV is very consistent (since i can tell if there is any disruptions during a movie). 

All of the 'smart' IOT devices are filling up my house fast but so far the experience has been pretty well for almost all of my devices. I am getting close to 40-45 if I include passive connected devices like tablets and Amazon Echo devices.  

Options
2020-12-09 05:28:56

@VM-Serverguy 

45 typically. Reasonably solid for me. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 5499

Replies: 4