Connecting to far Deco, instead of near one

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-17 17:38:34
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hello guys.

We have 9 Decos, and they change their connection (deco to deco) everyday. But all of them stay in one place.

Sometimes I need to reboot 1 deco, so this one will connect to the nearest one. Would be great, if we could manually or at least give them priority to chose, which Deco to connect.

I don't want to reboot it everytime, just because it connected to the far one (speed dropping really hard).

P.S talking about Deco to Deco connection.

Each picture taken a few minutes after.

Also please let them have their real names, instead of "custom_1"

Take care, stay home and don't hug strangers!

Options
13 Reply
Re:Connecting to far Deco, instead of near one
2020-04-28 09:29:39

@Boriy 

Hi, 

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will keep recording the same kind of request. Then we can forward it to our product engineer and they can work on it. 
If there are any updates, we will upload it to our official website. It is very suggested to keep an eye on the official website and wait for the updates. 

Good day. 

Options
2020-04-28 11:32:09

@TP-Link_Deco 

Yes, +1 on that too! Happens on the M9 Plus aswell! Please have a look at all the other problems. They have been ignored for months now!

Options
2020-04-29 10:02:54

@MarekT 

Thank you very much for your feedback, we will handle the case on the community as soon as possible.

Options
2020-09-28 15:57:29

@TP-Link_Deco 

I am also facing the same problem with Deco M4.

Options
2020-09-28 17:53:25

@TP-Link_Deco 

same with my 5 P7s!

Options
2020-09-29 01:53:37

@Lexivienna  @Shawon_Maity  @MarekT 

Hello, the signal source is not selectable right now, the Deco connects to the front-end device automatically based on the signal strength. If the 3rd or 4th unit is always connected to the furthest Deco and the performance is not good, try to move them further away from each other. And you can reboot the 3rd Deco and verify whether it will connect to the 2nd one. 

Options
2020-12-07 11:26:28

@TP-Link_Deco 

2020 almost over, and still nothing to hear about those features :(

Options
2021-08-02 14:36:28

@Boriy same issue. Is there any resolution? My middle deco has 5 bars but nothing connects to it, always connects to the farthest deco even after reboot

Options
2021-08-02 14:37:01
Is there any update planned for this issue? I have the same problem
Options
2021-08-04 09:31:45

@Andirae 

Hi, a new firmware for Deco E4 has been released several months ago and there is a new feature called Network optimization.

Have you tried to update to the latest firmware and optimize the network to check whether the signal source of the Deco would change or not.

Options