Archer A7 Packet Loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 Packet Loss

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer A7 Packet Loss
Archer A7 Packet Loss
2020-04-22 00:11:57
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.0.14 Build 20200220 rel.33197(5553)

When connected to the router I get a large amount of packet loss. It causes me to disconnect from Leauge of Legends the second the game loads in (or even durring the loading screen) Where it then keep me from playing the game. The same happens with Discord where my friends can hear me talk for a moment and then the second I drop some packets I have to reconnect into Discord for them to hear me. This only happens when connected to the router. When plugged directly into the modem everything runs as it should which eliminates my modem or ISP as the issue. When running the built in diagnostic tool via tplinkwifi.net my traceroute shows tons of requests timed out on a variety of websites. Both turning off the router snd resetting the router to factory settings didn't change anything neither did changing the from ethernet to wifi or trying other LAN ports. As of right now it seems like my only option is to RMA my router or get a new one but I would rather troubleshoot now and get it working if I can. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 836

Replies: 0