Why my Range Extender Works perfectly for 1 minute then stops?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-26 04:52:49
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey guys! So, I plug the extender in, I made the configurations, all good, works for 1 minute, then the range and the internet stops. Or sometimes just the internet. But I plug out, then plug in again, the same. Works for 1 minute then stops. Can you help me please? 

thank you! 

model: RE450 (EU) ver: 2.1

Options
6 Reply
Re:Why my Range Extender Works perfectly for 1 minute then stops?
2020-04-26 05:16:47
(plugged with the internet cable works, but I need it on my second floor were I don’t have access to a cable. So with Wireless without cable, connects for 1 min then stops ).
Options
2020-04-27 11:53:10

@Caliiin Please provide the following information, then I can provide further help.

1. When the issue happens, please login to RE450 and provide a screenshot of the status page as the following.

2. When the issue is there, please provide the screenshot of the IP&Gateway on your wireless device.

3. What's the model No. of your wireless router? It's the router name on its label, it's helpful if you could provide a picture of this label.

Options
2020-04-27 13:51:11
Options
2020-05-04 07:46:24

@Kevin_Z 

any help guys? Please :) 

Options
2020-06-28 23:44:34

@Caliiin I am experiencing this same issue in the USA, with a USA router.  Works for about 5 minutes, then signal drops until i unplug it and plug it back in.  Please someone help me!

Options
2020-06-29 03:59:06

@Caliiin 

Hi, Kevin seems to want to check the running status of the RE450 on its web UI, you may try to log into its web UI as below:

How to log into the web management page of the range extender

Additionally, we want to know the model number of your main wireless router, which will be helpful for further troubleshooting.

Please try to reset the RE450 to factory defaults and narrow down the issue by referring to the below troubleshooting guide:

What should I do if I fail to configure TP-Link Range Extender?

Thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1968

Replies: 6