All my HS100's have all started randomly power cycling!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-19 11:59:40
Model: HS100  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.3

Hi all, 

I've got 6 HS100 smart plugs which I've had for between 6 months and 3 years. 
They have been used heavily in that time and never had any issues. 3 are used to power 3D printers and have been 100% reliant, never playing up!

This morning however, all of a sudden, all of my smart plugs have begun to randomly power cycle.
If they are already powered off, they will randomly power on, for a split second, then instantly power back down again.
If they are already powered on, they will randomly power off, for a split second, then instnatly power back on again.

I have tried the following:

• Changing my account password in-case someone has hacked my account
  • Updating plug firmware
  • Resetting plug
  • Removing device from app and adding again (It even happens if it's not connected to the app at all)
  • Unplugging appliances from plug (It still happens regardless of the thing that's plugged into it, or even if it's not got anything plugged into it)
  • It is already happening to all the devices which are plugged into multiple plug sockets around the house so I don't believe it's an issue with a specific wall plug
  • Nothing new has been added to our wifi network that could be causing this

I've spent an hour and a half talking to the TP-Link live assistants but that proved to be the same as any 'tech-help' line where they literally don't know anything and are just following scripts blindly.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:All my HS100's have all started randomly power cycling!
2020-05-20 10:52:19

@ByteSlinger 

Do you mean all of your 6 HS100s began to randomly power cycle continuously or issue happened just once? Please check and confirm the power supply in your house is stable, try to power off all the plugs from power sockets, and power them back on again to check if they will work stably.

Meanwhile, we also suggest you try to reset all of them to factory defaults by pressing and holding the reset button on the devices for more than 10 seconds, here is the guide: How to reset TP-Link Kasa smart switch and plug?

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1078

Replies: 1