Incapable of conecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-22 10:42:10
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 build 20200402 rel.52000(4555)

Good morning. 

Some days ago, we bought a new router in order to replace an old one . We specifically bought an Archer C6 v2 router. For our surprise, we couldn't properly configurate the internet connection, although we have tried to do everything that is indicated in the following links: 

We found ourselves incapable of properly configurate the internet, and we don´t know what is the main issue. Although we have tried, following the diferents steps that are indicated in the previous links (changing the configuration to Dynamic IP, stablishing that the mask network must copy the one of the computer, changing the IP of the LAN, updating the firmware of the router, all previous things in combination with reboots of the router and the modem, etc...) ; the internet led of the router remains always red and the IP router always remains as 0.0.0.0, so do the defaulft mask, the DNS and the gateway. We also have tried to copy manually the main configurations of the old router in order to stablish then in the new one, and that, also didn't work. Our current router is connected to a modem which provide us with internet and TV, and at least with our "old" router ther was never any kind of problem.  

You are our last hope!

PD: I apologize if some phrases are not well written (i am not an native english speaker). In fact I am from Spain (I don´t know if that information could be useful, but just in case i include it).

Thank you very much. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Incapable of conecting to internet
2020-05-22 11:43:04

@Gonzalvus 

Sorry to find that you are encountering the internet setup issue with the Archer C6, please verify the below information and do some further troubleshooting again:

1. Who is your ISP? What kind of modem do they provide? Kindly contact them to confirm if you need any credentials to set up the internet on a new router or they should verify the new connection on their side, as some ISPs may have restrictions for other brands.

2. Try to power off both the Archer C6 and your modem, wait for 10 minutes, then power on your modem until it is ready and power on the Archer C6 to check if the connection again.

Best Regards.

Options
Re:Incapable of conecting to internet
2020-05-23 11:04:05 - last edited 2020-05-23 11:04:27

@Solla-topee I am quite thankful for your answer (we were in some sort of desesperate situation xD). We are going to try that recommendations for sure. 

Thanks!  

Options