TP Link RE650 WI-FI Range Extender no 5 GHZ signal !!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-24 12:12:40
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

i have purchased : TP Link RE650 AC2600  WI-FI Range Extender 2 days back.

I am connecting through WPS method to the main router.

But I am NOT  able to get the 5 ghz led lights ON on the extender... Only 2.4 ghz is ON  .

I tried all means and all possibilities, but the 5 ghz is not switching ON , whatever ways/means i tried to attempt....

Is this issue or defects with the device? 

I have tried to reset the TP link extender, & tried several attempts to connect to main router through WPS...however, only the Only 2.4 ghz is ON  & 5 GHZ is NEVER switching ON at any point of time...

The main router is a singtel Wi-Fi Gigabit Router AC plus  dual band router(have 2G & 5G) .

I also tried to set it up using Tlink Tether App, but it miserably failed because it couldn't add the extender device to the App, because the extender wifi connection kept on getting disconnecting during logging in to the RE650 extender device through the tether app.

Please kindly help asap immediately...

Please let me know if any further information is needed for troubleshooting.

Please investigate & let me know if the new device which i purchased is faulty & if it needs to be replaced ?

SO , basically this TP Link RE650 WI-FI Range Extender is becoming NO use to me, since i am not getting the  5 GHZ signal at all !!!!!!!!

Options
4 Reply
Re:TP Link RE650 WI-FI Range Extender no 5 GHZ signal !!
2020-05-26 10:48:25 - last edited 2020-05-26 17:25:04

This happened to me too with that same extender. I fixed it by changing the 5ghz channel from auto to 36 thanks to a message in the amazon comments that suggested it. The problem is that now I can't find the menu where I changed it no matter what I do, but doing that made the 5ghz light to turn on. If you can't access the config page with the app, check your router connected IPs, see which IP the extender has and use it on a web browser, you should be able to access the extender config. Now good luck finding the channel config page, there's supposedly an advanced option according to this: https://www.tp-link.com/es/support/faq/1217/ , but I can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: I remembered why I couldn't find it in the tp link settings, I actually modified the channel in my router config, so go to the 5ghz settings in your router and set a fixed channel.

Options
2020-05-28 11:19:57

@Swaroop.S It's suggested to fix the 5G channle to Channle 36, 40,44 or 48 on your router. 
Please try to configure RE650 via Web UI, then router 5G wifi signal will shows up during that? 

How to configure my range extender via web GUI to extend an existing wireless network's coverage (new logo)?

Options
2021-01-14 15:35:41

@Swaroop.S I have exact same problem

Options
2021-01-15 05:59:24

@dino1440 

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please help me check the following information:

1. Did the 2.4ghz light lit up?
  2. What is the model number of the home router?
  3. When you set up the 5ghz on the RE650, are you able to detect the wireless signal of the home router, or detected but failed to connect at last

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2919

Replies: 4