Unable to connect Extender to Modem's 5Ghz connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-01 07:13:04
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a Reliance Jio dual band router with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. TPLink RE450 shows the 2.4Ghz network during scanning, but doesnt pickup the 5Ghz network. The firmware has been updated to the latest version. Anyone has had this issue and resolved it? Thanks

Options
12 Reply
Re:Unable to connect Extender to Modem's 5Ghz connection
2020-06-01 12:01:06

@Gopa 

Hi! I was facing the same problem and after applying this recommendation, I was able to scan and connect to my 5Ghz ntwk. Hope this helps: https://www.tp-link.com/ae/support/faq/1314/

Options
2020-06-01 12:12:51

@prado Thanks. Let me try. Will update if this worked

Options
2020-11-12 17:41:01

I have a Reliance Jio fibre connection with dual band router 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. I also have TP-link AC1200 Mesh Wifi range extender however, exxtender just shows the 2.4Ghz network during scanning, and its does not shows 5Ghz network only. Initial at veryt time it got connected but when i switch off and ON the extender then it does not  scan 5Ghz band. Could someone please let me know the solutoin for the same.

Options
2020-11-17 05:46:59

@Tejas6119 

Good day,

Did the model number of your range extender, RE300?

And May I know the model number of your home router?

Could you please try to change the 5ghz channel on the home router to be channel 36/48?

Except the host router’s 5ghz, was the extender able to scan any other 5ghz network?

Thank you very much!

Options
2020-11-18 18:30:44

@Solla-topee 

Yes, Model number of my range extender is RE300
Model number of home router is - Jio Fibre router. No model no given on the router
Not sure how to change the channel for 5ghz channel on the home router to be channel 36/48. if you can guide me then would be helpful.
Extender is able to scan my host router 5ghz but if i switch off the extender and when i again switch on the extender then extender does not scan my my host router 5ghz. To have my extender scan the host router 5ghz i have to reset my extender and then when i again scan then sometimes the host router 5ghz appears.

If you can provide me with  teh solution then it would be helpful.

Options
2020-11-19 13:55:55

@Gopa I am using TPlink RE305 extender. I am facing the same problem. TPLink extender does not detect the JIO routers 5G band. Earlier i had airtels Nokia router and i had no problem with that. But when i migrated to JIO, the TP link extender (RE305) is not able to detect 5G wifi network. Jio's 2.4Ghz network is working fine.

Pls suggect if theer is any solution for this

Options
2020-11-20 03:06:14

@MohanPoojary , good day, and nice to see you again.

Hi, All.

Sorry for the delay

Since I used to receive several feedbacks that some routers in India would fix the 5ghz channel to be 149(band 4) to get higher bandwidth, but RE305(EU) and re205(EU) or any EU extenders did not support band 4 (149-165).

Have you tried to contact the router support to see if they can help us change the channel from their side?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-30 16:37:29

@MohanPoojary 

Was there any resolution to this issue from TP links side? I just bought an extender today and frustrated that it does not scan for my 5Ghz. What a waste of money. TP link should come up with a solution rather than expecting buyers to figure out with ISP's.

Options
2021-02-01 10:56:48

@ShashankB I dont exactly remember the solution. But i fiddled with the wifi names in the manual setup. I did not use the 
Quick start" option. Try adding the network manually and rename it (dont use the parent wifi name). Looks like the TP link extender gets confused with the other 5GH band in neighbourhood. Just a lame solution.... try doing it with other network is off....late nights or early morning. 

Options
2021-02-25 08:36:55

@ShashankB 

Try doing this. Go to you host router settings page (in case of Jio fibre login to  https://192.168.29.1 and login. Default user name is "admin" and password is "Jiocentrum")

After logging in, click the search icon on top right and type 'basic'. You'll see basic configuration for 2.4GHz and 5GHz, you can change the channel there.

Select 5GHz band and change the CHANNEL to 44 and width to 80MHZ.

This should do the trick. Or best, try calling TPLINK helpdesk.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4656

Replies: 12