No internet when setup new tp-link router with Unifi modem (Archer c80 ac1900)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 10:16:34

Recently, I bought a new router (Tp-link Archer C80 AC1900) and I followed all of the setup guide accordingly. All of the LEDs displayed green except for the internet LED, which is red/orange in colour. Due to this, I cannot continue with the setup process because of the no internet. The modem and the internet provider (Unifi) has no issue and works fine as usual. My question is, how do I fix this internet issue? Is the router not compatible? Thank you in advance.

Options
11 Reply
Re:No internet when setup new tp-link router with Unifi modem (Archer c80 ac1900)
2020-06-05 12:20:08

@zikry 

Hello, please try to refer to the below FAQ again to check the basic settings on the Archer C80 router:

How to setup TP-Link wireless router with Unifi IPTV (new designed blue UI)?

Also, you are suggested to contact Unifi to confirm your username and password.

Options
Re:No internet when setup new tp-link router with Unifi modem (Archer c80 ac1900)
2020-10-25 19:56:12

Maybe you might have resolved it already. But incase someone needs it this is how I resolved it..

After having purchased the router I followed the setup instructions and got the same issue just like you did.  I struggled a lot to fix the issue but no luck.

After a few days, this time during setup I chose the "Connection Type" as PPPoE and left the username and password blank and saved it. It worked.. I get the internet. But surprisingly internet LED blinks in orange color and in console also it shows "Internet Status" in red color. But I get internet access without any issues. 

Options
2020-10-26 05:51:44

Hi @rams, thanks a lot for sharing your case with the community.

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of connection type they provided for you? Generally, if they provide you a PPPoE connection, they should offer you a username and password, which will allow you to connect to their line. Or you can simply confirm it by connecting your modem (provided by your ISP) to your computer directly and confirm how will it connect to the internet. If you need to type in a username and password on the computer, that means the connection type is PPPoE, and you need to choose PPPoE on the C80 WAN setup page.

Options
2020-10-26 08:14:38

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, I can access the internet by directly connecting the ISP cable to my laptop without providing username and password.

But I am getting internet after connecting the cable to the router only for PPPoE type (left username and password blank since I don't know them). 

Options
2020-10-26 10:17:29

@rams 

To be honest, I don't think that will happen, as if you choose PPPoE as the WAN connection type on the C80, you need to put in the username and password then you can save it, you cannot bypass that part.

You may take a screenshot of your C80 status page for our reference. BTW, who is your ISP?

Options
2020-10-26 16:21:58

@zikry Hi! I recently had a similar problem. What I "accidentally" did was that I ticked the IPTV/VLAN so that it became ENABLED. And the mode is set to Malaysia-Unifi. If you haven't done this yet, maybe you can try? But of course, fill in the corect PPPOE username and password. This worked for me (but still there are other bugs that I still need to look into and maybe want TP-LINK to resolve, hopefully)

GOOD LUCK!

zikry wrote

Recently, I bought a new router (Tp-link Archer C80 AC1900) and I followed all of the setup guide accordingly. All of the LEDs displayed green except for the internet LED, which is red/orange in colour. Due to this, I cannot continue with the setup process because of the no internet. The modem and the internet provider (Unifi) has no issue and works fine as usual. My question is, how do I fix this internet issue? Is the router not compatible? Thank you in advance.

Options
2020-10-27 17:56:06

@Kevin_Z 

I am from Sweden. Here is the screenshot.

File:
IMG_20201027_185157.jpgDownload
Options
2020-10-28 06:04:37

Hi @rams, thanks for the screenshot. To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2020-11-02 01:54:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I am also facing the same issue. please send details to me also at satishkuncham@hotmail.com

Thanks

Satish

Options
2020-11-02 02:02:59

@Kuncham 

Hi, you need to provide some basic info but not just you have the same problem. Others internet environment may not be the same as yours, so the setup on the C80 is different.

May I know who is your ISP and what is the connection type provided by your ISP? Ensure you have internet access when you connect your computer directly to your ISP modem.

Then refer to the below configuration guide to set the correct parameters on the C80:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

May it help.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4881

Replies: 11