Archer C6 problem PPPoE connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-05 20:43:37
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.4 Build 20200512 rel.51608(4555)

hello i have PPPoE connection and it's wireless connection and i had mi wifi router before and it was working fine and then i upgraded to archer 6 but now i'm facing random disconnection with my network and it's not related to ISP bcoz i've tried to replace my router with the old one and internet just worked fine and even when it disconnects the internet if i plug in lan cable to my laptop then it works fine so the problem is with the router.
now the issues is that my ISP gave me a microtik router and it's on my rooftop and it has option for PPPoE login and then it will connect to the internet then you have to use router to use internet and mi router is working perfectly but i don't know why i'm facing this issues with Tplink and i don't have to use my PPPoE Password on Tplink bcoz it's already done on microtik modem.

Options
14 Reply
Re:Archer C6 problem PPPoE connection
2020-06-06 05:16:29

@Omendra 

May I have your network topology first and what is the router working mode please? Is it like below?

(PPPoE) microtik router (LAN)---(WAN) Archer C6 (LAN)

If you connect a laptop to the microtik router, will the connection be stable? BTW, is the microtik router a wireless router as well?

If the microtik router is stable, please wired-connect your laptop to this Archer C6 and check the stability again? If this is stable, we may try to change the wirleless settings on the router like below:

What should I do if internet connection is not stable when the device is connected to TP-Link router?

Options
2020-06-06 07:11:13

@Solla-topee 

Microtik SXT Lite5
this is the device i have on my rooftop from my isp and i don't have to login to PPPoE as it's already done in this device from their side.

so i don't have to login to my router with PPPoE id password as it's already done on my device so i simply plug in lan cable to Tplink router but i'm facing random disconnection (orange light ON) these days after changing my router from Mi to Tplink and and when the internet id disconnected if i connect my laptop with lan cable it works fine.
so what should i do now ?

Options
2020-06-06 07:14:53
Options
2020-06-11 21:54:27

@Solla-topee so would you Please look into this as well ? i'm still stuck with this router and i've checked with mi router that's working fine without any disconnection.
this is the problem with the router.
i can share router system logs if you want to check but PLEASE solve this issue. i'm losingmy faith in Tp-link.

Options
2020-06-12 00:58:30

@Omendra 

Sorry, we will feedback your case to our engineers and they will email you, please check your email box.                      

Thanks for your cooperation and support. Good day.

Options
2020-06-28 13:24:39

@Omendra 

Hey I had the same issue, spent a whole day and found something which worked for me.

Go to the internet options from your old(working) router. Check the MAC ID showing there. Now connect the c60 router and go to settings, enter the MAC that you have seen in the old device under custom MAC option inside PPPoE. 

(TP Link takes gaps as - instead of :, eg if it eas something 80:12:13xxxxxx, here you have to enter 80-12-13xxxxx)

Options
2020-07-04 07:32:23

@Omendra i have the same issue of Mirouter to Tplink Archer C60 upgrade. with the same ISP my neighbour is also connected and he is not facing any issues..please help its really crictical !

Options
2020-07-04 07:35:20

@Maverick2602 try to change lan cable bro as after using it with mi router it won't fit in tplink and will keep disconnecting.

I've changed my lan cable and now it's working fine for me.

Maverick2602 wrote

@Omendra i have the same issue of Mirouter to Tplink Archer C60 upgrade. with the same ISP my neighbour is also connected and he is not facing any issues..please help its really crictical !

Options
2020-07-06 18:26:47

@Maverick2602 
i have the same problem now AGAIN and it wasn't related to lan cable.
tried everything it's still same.

Options
2020-07-06 18:27:46

@Arjunprdp thank you for replying this bro but i've alreadt tried this and it's not working.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4561

Replies: 14

Related Articles