Connecting Range extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-16 07:31:10
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

I have two RE200 extenders and I want to connect them both as Wi-fi range extenders is this possible and if so how would I do it.

I do not get good wifi in certain parts of the house so I want to have two extenders if possible.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting Range extenders
2020-06-16 07:50:38

@Aj56 

Hello,

We can use multiple extenders together to extend the wifi range, while to ensure the performance, it is not suggested to use them in a daisy chain, in this way, the last extenders will have the lower signal strength and speed. Instead, it is suggested to connect the extenders to the main router directly to extend the wifi range. 

Besides, there are some other network expansion devices, if your house is running under the same power circuit, the powerline adapters with wifi function is a good choice. 

May it help and have a nice day. 

Options
2020-11-28 14:59:02
I do not understand what you say about connecting both extenders to the router directly. Wouldn't this just create two extended networks, both with the same attributes and range? Elsewhere on this forum it is recommended to have two extenders with one closer to the router, and one further away but on a separate network. When you are at the farthest point you just connect to the second network. Am I correct in my thinking? . 
Options
2020-12-01 07:38:12

@leckyneil 

Good day.

Sorry for the delay.

Normally, when there are more than one extenders, it would be much better to set them up like a star-chain with router in the middle: RE1—router—RE2, not a daisy-chain like router—RE1---RE2;

Since extender is mainly used to improve the Wi-Fi range, the speed through the extender would become half of the home router; More extenders in the middle, more speed loss .

Thank you very much!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 581

Replies: 3

Related Articles